Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Impression Obsession - Are we there yet?

The Impression Obsession Team is all about travel and vacations today! Our challenge theme is Are we there yet? so take a vacation "on paper" and play along with us! Find all the details of how to play along with us on the IO Blog.
Check out what the ladies came up with this week:

Ellen Taylor - off this week!
Jenny Gropp - You are here!

 I was in the mood to color so I went for a Gary image today, Buoy Scene. Sadly, there isn't a little kitty hidden in this scene! I snapped some pics along the way so you can see the Copic colors I used. Since the image was fairly busy, I kept the layers and embellishments pretty simple.

 I used the very tip of my pen to add very small little dots in the sand. I didn't want to overwhelm a busy image with a lot of colors so I used the same blues for sky and water. 


The lighthouse got a little dark, so I used a White Sharpie Pen to add some white back in to center.  After I was finished coloring with Copics, I aded a little shimmer with the Wink of Stella Pen to the sun, crab, starfish and sailboat. Too bad Stella doesn't show in pictures.
I used the Square Border Die again on the inside, backing it with the blue paper. I also stamped a summer sentiment from the clear set Sun & Fun.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the coloring as it enhances the image and brings it to life. Love all the little touches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the first to comment. Love the card but again love the fact that you decorate the inside and this card inside is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenny, this is a great card! I love the die behind the scene, great creativity! I love how you colored your image, this is a really cool stamp! I love all your work, you are one of my faves! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this boat, lighthouse picture. And you did such a great job of colors and blending. Nice background also. Edna Burgess

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of my favorite young ladies to follow. This card is awesome. A lot of work but you did it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card ! The scene and your coloring are very beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card. Great coloring.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fairly small card and image. Coloring it is a bit tedious and the fine detail is amazing. My kind of coloring and image. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Jenny, and what a really clever way to use that die! I have it and now I am going to use it this way. The image is just so beautiful!!! as always!

    ReplyDelete