Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

SSCB #31 - Dragonfly Dreams

Welcome to a new Serendipity Stamps Challenge! This week our challenge is SSCB#31 - Part Two - FLOWERS... easy enough if you'd like to play along for a chance to win a Gift Certificate! Find all the details on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge BlogIf you are in the mood to shop at Serendipity Stamps, you can take advantage of the sale this week of buy 3 get the 4th item free. Sale is valid thru May 28, 2014.


Make sure and check out the cards the Design Team came up with today! 
We are all using some kind of Resist Technique along with the theme of Flowers.
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 I used the Dragonfly Stamp and Die Set to create my focal point. I stamped the dragonfly on watercolor paper and heat embossed using Clear Embossing Powder. Then I used Adirondack's Butterscotch Spray for my background color. I used a baby wipe to wipe any lingering color from the dragonfly. These are my colors--- love this combo! I used the floral print and other papers from Bo Bunny's Somewhere in Time Collection for my card. 

 I die cut the solid dragonfly and cut it in between the wings to get an additional layer. I purposely put it a little off center. I used a Chestnut Roan Cats Eye to ink up all the edges of my printed paper for a vintage feel.

On the inside I used the new Thanks Die along with corner pieces from the new Floral Frame Die Set. Again, I inked up all the elements with a Chestnut Roan Chalk Cats Eye. The Thanks Die I cut twice, adding a second layer of dark blue peeking out here and there. 

I stamped Dragonfly Dreams in Nautical Blue by Memento---one of my favorite inks!! It's an odd shaped card, measuring 5" x 4 1/2" and opening tent style. Lots of dimension on this card, but it's hard to see in the pictures. I used foam tape and Dimensional Silicone for paper to raise up layers and the dragonfly.



8 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic card. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the dragonfly...don't have the stamp...need that! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love your colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fantastic card...I like the card design and the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully framed and gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dragonflies and this makes my heart sing, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Jenny! Love the colors and your layout is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, this card is so beautiful--even more so in person, too! Lovin' that paper!

    ReplyDelete