Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Simple Stories and Perfect Paper Crafting!


I'm excited to be doing a blog hop with Simple Stories and Perfect Paper Crafting this week. We are hoppin’ from Monday, April 7 9:00 am PST – Saturday, April 12 midnight PST. We will be giving away some Perfect Paper Crafting tools and Simple Stories DIY CollectionIt's a different kinda hop this week with different designers posting each day this week.  Check each day on the companies blogs Simple Stories and Perfect Paper Crafting to find out which designers are showing off projects each day! 
I had fun with the Simple Stories DIY Collection, bright happy designs and patterns that were easy to use! I have two projects to share below.
PROJECT 1

 I used Poppy Stamps' Happy Birthday Background die, cutting it using black paper. The striped paper on the card front is a 12x12 sheet called Lookin' Good. I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add the borders around the die... which helped define the edge and separated the busy pattern from the center panel.

 I used the basic card foundations paper pack from the DIY Boutique Collection to color block the words. The card foundations are double sided with bright solids that were perfect for doing this.

I covered the inside with more of the striped patterned paper and then added another card foundation as a liner. Finished card is 5" x 6 1/4".

PROJECT 2

This card also uses the 12x12 paper from the DIY Boutique Collection. I used Impression Obsession's Budding Rose Stem as the focal point.

 I stamped in Memento Black and added just a touch of Copic W00 in the background.

 Here are the Copics I used to color the rose.

Here's the up close picture. I added piercing along side and the little flags are from the Icons Stickers. One thing that I really liked about the stickers is that they are just like the card stock... no shine or coating that looks out of place.

 My Perfect Ruler was great for cutting just the slice of paper I needed. 

Here's the inside of the card. I added a Mother's Day Sentiment from Impression Obsession. Finished card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom.

17 comments:

  1. Wow...awesome projects! Love the detailed photos and that you have shown the colors you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I think my favorite is the rose, love the black and white with the red. Beautiful indeed. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards! I love the color blocking on the first one and the rose and layering on the second. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. The ruler looks amazing - I can't believe how thin a strip you were able to cut using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards. The ruler is amazing - I can't believe the thin strip it allowed you to cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL pair of cards Jenny!!!

    LOVE the BOLD & BRIGHT colours of your CHEERY birthday card - GREAT layers inside & out too :)
    LOVE your elegant Mother's Day card, such a delightful rose image, colouring and layers - WOW - it's amazing how COOL the Perfect Layers Ruler is, such fine cutting lines!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very pretty cards. The rose is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Jenny, your work always delights and amazes me! I just love your techniques and how you show step-by-step photos with the Copics! Thank you so much for sharing these with us - I so want to color more like you do! What a beautiful and elegant style...I'm partial to florals! But you do everything so well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Love the big die cut in the first one and the coloring in the second is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are gorgeous, love how the leaf on the second card is stamped off the oval shape, looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are just awesome! Both are so different - it just shows how versatile that DIY Boutique line is. Thanks for showing off your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! That first card with all the bright colors really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the fun and festive colors on the first one the second one is perfect for Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these cards! Your coloring on the rose is really wonderful & I love the striped background paper with the black birthday die.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your layers on the rose card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous rose, and love the layout. well done

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous rose, an love the layout, well done

    ReplyDelete