Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SSCB #29 Stitches...


Challenge #29 - Stitches!  Create a project - any theme - just be sure to include some stitching and at least one Serendipity Stamps image (Stamp or Die) on your project!   Stitches can be stamped, hand drawn, embossed, die cut, or sewn - use your imagination! Play along with us and link up your designs at the bottom of the Challenge 29 original post - CLICK HERE for all the details of how to enter the challenge!

Want to go shopping? The special is free shipping on all continental US orders $10 and higher offer valid through March 26. There's also some grab bags and a sale on all wood mounted stamps.

Today along with the theme of "stitches" on our cards we were also to include some kind of a technique using a die. The cards and ideas wowed me from the team... so be sure to hop around and check 'em out this week! 


I tried to step out of my "color comfort zone" today and mix it up! It's so easy to get sucked in to using your favorite colors over and over! 

 I used the Bird Die to emboss the design on heavy weight white card stock. After embossing it I cut it out by hand. 

 I left the inside blank, adding a few layers using my Perfect Layer Rulers.

Here's the up close picture. The card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom.

14 comments:

  1. This is definitely a favorite, just beautiful Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card ! I love the papers and the bird die of course !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicate piece. Love the embossed dove - makes for a beautiful tranquil card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this dove is a beauty. Love your beautiful card you used it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those beautiful layers. The stitched circle behind the dove frames it beautifully, as well as the repetition of the circle with that soft aqua button! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this bird in white and love the way you debossed it then cut it out! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely, Jenny! The colors and embossed bird are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous, as is ALL your work! You are so creative and talented! I LOVE your work! You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Beautiful idea with the bird... it is just Lovely!!! And your colors are perfect together, love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Jenny!! I totally need to play with the perfect layers more....love the option of quick layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, your cards are too pretty to write on! The first red and white will thrill it's recipient, and the beautiful cut bird is simply an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! I really like that die...another one for my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome, Jenny! I really like how you did the bird die cut, keeping the negative.

    ReplyDelete