Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

SSCB #29 - Stitches

Today the Design Team is starting a new challenge for the month. It's all about stitches, with needle or thread or faux stitches, just incorporate something "stitchy" on your card! Find all the details HERE for Challenge SSCB #29 on the Serendipity Challenge Blog. as a second part to our challenge, the team was challenged with the theme "on the go" to use an image that had something to do with transportation. Make sure and check out the cards the other ladies came up with today:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!
Miriam Napier - off this week


 I went with the Train on the Track image today for my card. I colored only the train... possibly a little too bright! I paired my train up with this great plaid paper from the new G45 Collection Good Ol' Sport. 

 Here are the Copics I used to add color to the train. After coloring the image I used a Blackbird cats eye to ink up all the edges of my layers. The black lattice frame is from the Spellbinder's Captivating Squares set.

 Here's the up close, all my layers stacked up. I added foam tape to add dimension. Have you found my stitches yet? The ivory frame has stitches around the square. The finished card is 5" square.

I added the Live your Life sentiment on the inside along with a left over plaid scrap.

7 comments:

  1. The Train on the Track looks great in the reds you chose! Love it with your DP and all the dies! Wonderful masculine card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red train, beautiful dies and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Jenny! Love the bright red/orange and fab layering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bright train and all those dies!!Red's my FAV color...always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really uplifting card for those of us who need to remember that! Love the die cuts and your whole desing is perfect for either or I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really wonderful choice of design for that wonderful sentiment! I really am going after those rulers after my visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nicely done. Your train looks great with that DP. I just to follow you...but for some reason right now I have not been able to follow anyone...Hope that changes soon.

    ReplyDelete