Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Serendipity Stamps - Tea Party Blog Hop!


The Serendipity Stamps Design Team  is hoppin' today with a Tea Party! 

Brand New Dies and Stamps are now available and we are excited to show you some fun and very creative ideas! I've seen some of the designs and I was wowed with what the team came up with! Of course every party needs a gift... leave comments on the design team's posts for a chance to win a $20 gift certificate. You can leave comments up until March 30th at midnight. The winner will be announced on the Serendipity Blog on Monday, March 31. 

 

Here's the Hop List!
Jenny Gropp - you are here! 

The new Tea Pot and Tea Cup Dies have an elegant feel to them and I started off doing an more elegant project... but I changed direction and decided to do something fun and bright instead! I think this makes for a fun girlfriend card! I stamped the new sentiment "A Woman is Like" in Versafine Onyx Black and airbrushed over the sentiment using Copic R37. 

After airbrushing over the hot water sentiment, I added some piercing while the paper was still in the die, using the inside edge as a guide. I hand cut a few more layers. The fun polka dot paper is actually from Bo Bunny's Mistletoe Collection. I loved the variation in reds with in the polka dots and I thought it matched the variation in the air brushing. I also airbrushed some color on paper to back behind the cut out floral design in the tea pot

On the inside... lotsa layers to match up with the front of the card! I stamped the Tea Border on red in black and just added a decorative strip. The finished card is an A2 and opens at the bottom, tent style.

If you are local you can find these new dies already in stock at Impressive Ideas

Here's the Hop List again for you!
Jenny Gropp - you are here! 


  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Tea Pot Die, Tea Cup Die, A Woman is Like, Tea Border
  • Paper: Polka Dot Paper - Bo Bunny's Mistletoe Collection 12x12, Red Bazzill, Black Neenah Linen, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110#
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Airbrushing with R37
  • Other: Black Ribbon, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Spellbinder's Matting Basics Set A and B, Paper Piercer, Spellbinder's Labels 18

29 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jenny, so bright and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so sweet and I love that you made yours in red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you took the FUN girlfriend idea...and that, "A women is Like", new sentiment is great and oh so true! Another fabulous one Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and cheery card! These dies are now firmly on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects here make me want the stamps AND dies! Using my fave colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun, bright card, Jenny! Love the striking red with the cheerful polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome sentiment. I love that you choose a bold color for this card. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love those dies. I tend to collect tea dies/stamps and these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your vibrant card, and the inside puts it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful with lots of layers inside and out! Your cards are always standouts! So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my most favorite color combos and looking at your card reminds me why I LOVE them!! The colors are perfectly balanced and polka dot paper is perfect! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors! It is done so beautiful. Much interest in it and anyone would be thrilled to get a card like this. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card and love the RED! Wonderful border using that darling tea time border too. Beautifully designed and embellished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the coordinating inside with the little cup. The red is certainly an eye-catcher. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderfully bold and exciting. The inside is so great it could be the outside. Wonderful. As soon as I saw this, it made me think of the Red Hat Society. Those ladies would love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layout is perfect, love the tea pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Love all of the red!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your bright card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bee-u-tea-ful card neighbor! (I live in Kennesaw!) Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the red and black colors scheme. It really helps accentuate the sentiment's idea. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love the red and black color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very nice! The colors immediately made me think of having tea in a Chinese restaurant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards, love the sentiment....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love the red and white, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful, Jenny! Love the cup and teapot with rose. The colors, DP, and whole design is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete