Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Impression Obsession - Sweet Daisy

 Die's have been the focus this week for most of my posts and I thought my Copics were calling me... so I colored up these sweet little daisies tonight! Actually, the image is called Coneflowers... but I think they morphed in to daisies nicely for my card! After coloring them I really wanted the image to remain the focus of the card, so I kept the rest of the card pretty simple and mainly white. I LOVE white on white but it's hard for me to make a card like this. I have a real compulsion to color it all and cover it all up! 

 The image is much larger than this, but I knew I was going to frame just a portion of it, so I went ahead and cut out a square to work with. You can see the Copics I used. I always do my background first. 

 As a final touch.... a touch I can't seem to stop from using on everything.... a little sparkle from my Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen. Oh, how love this pen!!! I'm normally not a glitter girl, but this subtle quick drying sparkle is totally cool! 

 I doubled up my frame.. cutting it a second time to get an extra layer. The bottom frame is cut in each corner, giving me four pieces and I just extended them out a tiny bit to add an additional layer.... foam tape in between for dimension too! You can see the breaks in the second layer in each corner on the first picture showing the full card.

I always like to add a sentiment on the inside... but I was loving the clean crisp feel of the white look. I stamped the image in the corner on a liner using Scattered Straw Distress ink and left it open for an any occasion card. 

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: Coneflowers #H16010
  • Dies by Impression Obsession: Square Shaker Frame Die #DIE002-Z
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink - Scattered Straw 
  • Other: Embossing Folder, Misc. Button, Blue Satin Ribbon, Copics, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool, Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen


22 comments:

  1. This is exquisite. The frames look like they are made from porcelain! A beautiful piece. The daisies are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful and perfect with the white background because your coloring really stands out. I just wanted to say I'm a newbie here and spent about an hour yesterday on your blog oohing and aaahing over all your creations. I like that you offer the colors you've used in your coloring. I'm also still learning to use my copics (without much success) so your blog is a real inspiration to me. Thanks so much for sharing your gift! Blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet & simply elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! I just have a question on how you did the pop up on the flower - it looks so neat! Did you cut two layers of the top frame and foam taped them together and them foam tape it to the bottom frame????

    Rosemary L (OSA)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...so delicate and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love how you made the double layered frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! what a magnificent work of art, and gorgeous floral, wirh the outstanding, frame to display the perfect image. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! what a magnificent piece of art. The gorgeous floral, in the outstanding frame to accent the image., topping it off with the glorious bow. Perfectly done.....gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such pretty coloring, looks like your looking out the window at a flower garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love youur sun flower and u cards thank you for shareing happy craft month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love how you doubled the frame. Love this stamp too! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card.. Thanks for sharing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love flowers and as usual you did an excellent job on these cone flowers. I love that you share the tutorial and colors you use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, this is exquisite! I just LOVE your coloring and card designs! I drool every time I see your work! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful card, Jenny. I love the way you design and color your cards. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! The doubled frame really makes the card, it looks great! Thank you for sharing today.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, I love how you doubled the frame. It is so creative and clever how you cut the bottom frame. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spring time elegance at its best! I really like what you did the IO shaker die! The whole card celebrates warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful design Jenny, the embossed background with the framed flowers is wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete