Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Impression Obsession - Gardening


The theme is GARDEN for the new challenge from Impression Obsession.
 Pick a favorite garden image or dies and play along! Join us for this challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Check out what techniques the team is showing off today:
JENNY GROPP - YOU ARE HERE!

  While Hollyhocks don't grow in my garden, they fit the garden theme! I love this die! I know I say that all the time with IO, but it's true! Daffodils and Lenten Roses are blooming right now in my yard... the key to their health is me not taking care of them! Hopefully they won't get frozen with this crazy weather! I chose my flower colors around the paper I was using: Bo Bunny's new Primrose Collection. I used the new Typewriter Alphabet Die to cut and spell and out BLOOM along the bottom.

 I used the Circle Shaker Frame as my background. I added a green center piece and then embossed it with a Polka Dot Embossing Folder. The embossing was a little too much so I toned it down to a little more of a subtle finish by running it through my embossing machine in a "paper only" sandwich, flattening out the pattern. To get the pink frame edge. I cut the frame in to four equal pieces and glued it to the back. 

 I cut the Hollyhocks out of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110# card stock. I colored them using the three Copics shown.

 I used a Clear Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkle. I took this in my craft room as I was making the card, the sparkle does not show when I photo it using my light tent. 

 The finished card opens tent style at the bottom. Above is the inside. I added a white hollyhock die piece down the side. I also added a little Clear Wink of Stella pen on the white flowers for some sparkle. 

Here's the up close, I added a foofy white silk bow. The Clear Wink of Stella Glitter does not show up in my light tent.... sugar sparkly in person! 


13 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty. Love the sparkly hollyhocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hollyhock die and how you created a bouquet. Fun touch to add the Wink of Stella to the blossoms. Your inside is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Don't we just love our sparkle! lol TFS Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for the instructions throughout your post!! I am DEFINITELY going to give this card a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eileen L. said....
    Loving these Hollyhocks. Your card is very pretty and your coloring is
    beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love what you did with that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. soft an beautiful with a touch of sparkle. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!
    what a wonderful die!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jenny this is gorgeous! Love the what you did with the frame die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your flattened polka dot background. Your hollyhocks are gorgeous. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with your flowers and the die too, of course! I really like the alpha! Once again, your colors are outstanding too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to get to the IO store right after I saw this....and of course they are out of the flower die!! I can wait, but your card is beautiful!!! and how you used the Shaker die cut is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! Thank you for showing how you assembled this lovely card...Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete