Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FTTC261 - Timeless Tuesday "MASKuerade"




We've moved the Timeless Tuesday Challenge to Wednesday, just for this week. Allison has a fun challenge for us this week. Hope you can find some time to play along with us this week for the "MASKuerade" challenge! Find all the details on the Flourishes Blog. 

Check out the Polka Dots from the Team! 
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton

Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!


 I chose to use a mask to fulfill the challenge versus a stencil. It was a fairly simple card until I cut out the mask, lol! That was where I spent the time! I stepped out the card as I went along....

 I stamped the pretty magnolia on printed paper and cut it out using Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles. I used the out of the box technique so that the leaves would stick outside the frame edge. I used Eclipse Tape to create my mask, covering the original stamping with the mask.

 While the magnolia was covered I airbrushed using both Copics shown in the above picture.

 I created my card base using more printed paper from Kaisercraft's Art of Life 12x12 Collection. I cut it our using Spellbinder's Labels 29. I airbrushed just a little bit of E84 around the edge. I used the black marker to edge the entire border.

 I created the card adding all my layers together. The flower panel is popped up with foam tape.

On the inside I added a little airbrushed splotch of Copic E84 and stamped the sentiment from Always Blooming. The card base is created with Spellbinder's Labels 29 and fits in to an A2 envelope.

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Jenny you have outdone yourself here, girl! This is just spectacular! I love that the image is on dp, but the bg for it is solid, and the text images on the base are the perfect frame. Beautiful inside, too--that ink splatter is a great look! I have to ask, though...how in the world did you get the black edge so perfect with a Copic? ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning result! Love the backgrounds you've created for this beautiful bloom - a big statement card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and different. Love the way the flowers turned out. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly Jenny!!! Incredible card this week! I love the use of the masking... makes your magnolias just POP off the card front. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Fabulous use of neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! WHAT A FABULOUS JOB you've done Jenny!!! IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job Jenny! Love your masking and the neutral colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The airbrushing is beautiful. I live in Magnolia, DE so the flower is special. Will the Tuesday Challenge continue? So sorry that Flourishes is over. Love their product and all you gals that make such beautiful cards for our enjoyment and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your big sweet bow.
    Your card is beautiful!

    My parade post is up now if you want to come by and take a look.
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/2014/03/flourishes-blog-parade.html
    Crafty hugs,
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant and so warm and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete