Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #262 - It's a Wash!

Deborah is our hostess today for a Washi Tape Challenge! That's right... just use washi tape... any theme or style goes. Hope you can find some time to play along with us this week for the "It's a Wash" challenge! Find all the details on the Flourishes Blog. 

Check out the Washi Tape inspiration from the Team! 
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton

Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!

 I can't even try to explain how much pink I've been using lately. Am I finally turning in to a girl?  I'm loving this Primrose paper collection from Bo Bunny. While it has a lot of PINK -not usually my favorite, the pink, brown and green combination I guess is what I'm liking so much! 

 I cut the dahlia image out with my Silhouette. A quick color job with the Copics. 

 I know you are looking for the washi tape!!!! Here it is in this picture above... I ended up almost covering it up with ribbon. It's this neat chevron pattern and it is almost like vellum in appearance. I added to strips as a band across the card.

 Here's the close up. I stamped the sentiment in Rich Cocoa Brown from Memento.... one of my most favorite inks! In hindsight I should have done the same for the flower!! 

On the inside I used a card from the Bo Bunny Primrose 4x6 & 3x4 Journal Pack and used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add a 1/16" border around the edge.


  • Stamps by Flourishes - Dahlia Set - retired
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa Brown and Tuxedo Black
  • PaperPrimrose Paper Collection 6x6 from Bo Bunny, Pink card stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110#,  Bo Bunny Primrose 4x6 & 3x4 Journal Pack
  • Other: Pink Silk Ribbon from May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Button by Basic Grey, Foam Tape, Copics, Silhouette cut file for Dahlia, Perfect Layer Rulers, Spellbinder's A2 Matting Basics Set A and B, Chevron Washi Tape by American Crafts

17 comments:

  1. For someone who doesn't care for pink, you sure do know how to make a pretty card with it! ;) Love all the layers, and the different dp's are great together and that washi tape is fantastic! I've never seen Washi tape in anything but long straight strips. Beautiful on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richly and delicately colored - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is soooo pretty! I love pink and brown together. The washi tape adds a nice soft touch to a very feminine card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the washi tape was the brown strip above the "vellum" - that's awesome washi tape! Lovely color combo - one of my favorites, pinks and browns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jenny, inside and out; really like the colours. And that washi tape - have never seen anything like it! It really looks like you spent time cutting out vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful card! I like pink and may use it too often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo... pretty in pink! I don't use pink that often either Jenny but this beauty is fabulous! That is the coolest washi tape I think I've even seen - very cool shape and cut! Wonderful colouring of your dahlias - they just jump off your card front. Another fabulous card creation this week darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of washi tape. This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECTLY DONE!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE THIS Jenny!!!!!!!!!:)Your colors are WONDERFUL! AND I LOVE the inside too! That soft sheer Washi Tape is NICE!!!! :) (I'm BIG ON PINK----My pink copic has RUN OUT! LOL )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, your pink card is just gorgeous! Beautifully colored!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loverly Jenny! Funny how we tend to go shine 'themes' or 'color' schemes. If I could only get off of red LOL-I love that color. Your card is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jenny! This is beautiful and beyond! You have such a knack with warm and wonderful colors! ......and I may have to get the Perfect Layers tools too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Jenny! I love that washi... so unique and perfect for your card layout. The colors are gorgeous and of course as always, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete