Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Timeless Tuesday #259 - Polka Dots




Hope everyone has made it through all the crazy weather unscathed. I'm over the snow totally. Two "snows" in Atlanta now. It has been enough for me! Hope you can find some time to play along with us this week for the easy POLKA DOT challenge! Find all the details on the Flourishes Blog. 

Check out the Polka Dots from the Team! 
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!

 I know... I went purple again! I had it sitting on the desk and I just got this yummy purple seam binding that sparked the color theme! I inked up the hot air balloon from the very cute Lots of Thoughts set for my card.

I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and used Copics to add some quick color to three balloons. I hand cut them out after coloring them. 

 I embossed the white panel behind the balloons with a cloud design. but it got kind of lost as I added three balloons. The original plan was for just one... but it looked to alone. I don't do well leaving white space, I always feel I need to cover it all! 

The sentiment is stamped in Memento Elderberry and is from the Lots of Thoughts Stamp set too. The finished card is 4 1/4" square.


9 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with such scrumptious purple tones.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card ! I love the hot air balloon and the purple is my favorite color !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Love the three balloons, you can see the clouds just fine! The purple color scheme is awesome and the little sentiment is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Flourishes stamps. What is going to happen to this great company?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the colors! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this card is amazingly beautiful! 3 balloons was PERFECT! and I love that they are curved a little bit. The dark purple die cut with the black behind it is gorgeous! This was such a great challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I like the beautiful purple colors and the whole design! Wonderful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know several people that could use a lift...wonderful card to have on hand!

    ReplyDelete