Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SSCB #28 - Food plus....one other ingredient.

Today brings us to a new challenge from Serendipity Stamps! 
Today the Design Team was tasked with creating something food related AND using some type of newsprint or sheet music background paper on our cards. If you want to play along your only requirement is use a Serendipity image and type or music background. Find all the details on the Serendipity Challenge Blog

This week's sale: From now through February 12, 2014 receive 40% off the highest priced item in your cart when you enter the code “40fromhigh214” during checkout.  

Make sure and check out the cards the other ladies came up with today:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 I used Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares to create my Pea Package card.  Both the image and sentiment I used on the inside are sold together in a set. The card is 4 1/2" square. I distressed it... well sorta.... this is about as distressed as I can go! lol! I used a Chestnut Roan cat's eye ink pad to edge the all the panels before assembling the card.

 I colored up the peas with Copics. Easy Peasy! Couldn't resist that one. I used to say that on my blog ALL the time until someone kept reminding me of how much I used it! The peas really are an easy color job. I went with brighter Copics to match up to my bright green papers. I cut a second set of peas out to pop up. 

 When I was finished with the card I went back on the peas and added some small white hi lights using my White Sharpie Pen. 

Here's the inside of the card. I stamped the Two Peas sentiment in versafine Sepia Brown. I added layers using my left over scraps. 



10 comments:

  1. Very pretty color uses as well as all the different layers, textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jenny, so fresh and vibrant in these spring greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I really do like this card. Amazing what you can do with just a simple vegetable stamp. You've inspired me to look into my stash of veggie and fruit stamps. I like the distressing you did to bring it all together. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, I'm making a card right now with Peas in a basket.. this was a shock to open your blog and see your BEAUTIFUL card. Your coloring is SOoo much better than mine... Love inside too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Jenny! Love these colors and papers and your ribbon is lovely. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bow! Beautiful inside and out Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "foodie" that you chose, the peas are so fun! Great design and perfect ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How darn cute, fun and warm too! You always inspire me to try and clean up the insides of my cards!! This is no exception. Love your colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling-I saw a pin on Pinterest the other day and recognized your fingers LOL...and I was right! Love those close ups!

    ReplyDelete