Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FTTC #257 - Flourishes Timeless Tuesday

It's Tuesday, that means it's time for a new Flourishes Challenge. It's an easy challenge and perfect to make another needed Valentine card! Visit the Flourishes Blog to find out more details of how to play along with our challenge for a chance to win and also see what is on sale! 
If you have noticed the changes at Flourishes lately or heard rumors, be sure and read the letter that Jan Marie posted, you can find it here. I have adored Flourishes Stamps and will continue to love the wonderful collection that I have. The Timeless Tuesday crew isn't saying goodbye yet... so keep checking in on Tuesdays and play along!

Check out what RED and LOVELY items the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!

 Time is speeding by and I still have Valentine Cards to make! I inked up a favorite Flourishes set #SS182 Love Sweet Love (retired) for the image on the front of the card. I used Spellbinder's Decorative Labels 28, Labels 28 and Labels 21 for the layers and card base.

My poor Copics were getting a bit dusty. I've been doing so many "die" focused cards lately. No worries, they dusted off easily! The background was colored with E50, direct to paper, not airbrushed. The other colors are here and there, just a quick color on the image. 

I added some Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to 3 of the hearts.... which looks sparkly and great in person, but a little strange in the above picture! 

The sentiment is from the Roses are Red Set which is still available. The button row are stamps in the Country Charm Borders set, also still available. 
  • Flourishes Stamps: Retired-Love Sweet Love Set #SS182, Roses are Red Set #SS227, Country Charm Border Set #SS154
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill Red Peppermint - Heavy Weight, Jillibean XOXO 12x12 Paper, Brown, Flourishes Classic White Card-stock
  • Other: May Arts White Waxed String, Bow Easy Tool, Misc Button, Wink of Stella Glitter Pen-Clear, Foam Tape, Copic Markers, Spellbinder's Labels Decorative Labels 28, Labels 28 and Labels 21

9 comments:

  1. That's a great set. Love the colors you chose. mmmmm all chocolately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN SHAPED CARD!!!!!!!!;) I DO LOVE the SPARKLES on all these goodies!!! :) JUST LIKE SUGAR!!!!!!!:) (I HATE seeing all these images just DISAPPEAR!) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your card!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored image. Love the diecuts you used for the card base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and color combination of your card - very striking. The row of buttons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, I just love all the layers on this card, Jenny, and the image is beautiful! I was just talking to some friends this weekend about that Labels 21 die and we were trying to figure out ways to use it. Well, now I know! I'll have to send them a link to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, your cards are amazing, and even your blog presentation is so lovely! This is gorgeous with the wonderful dies and how you layer them so beautifully! And I am always enthralled with your coloring! I love it, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jenny...how sweet is this?! Love your darling bouquet colored to perfection, your wonderful layout and that waxed string is the perfect touch..it looks just like lollipop stick! I am sure you planned that, didn't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shaped card! The colors just remind me of a box of chocolates and your elements add the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Jenny, I really like the shape of your card and how you used the diecuts. The image is wonderful and very yummmmmmmmmmmy 'sweet' too!

    ReplyDelete