Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #260 - Less = More!



It's Tuesday, so it's time for a new Flourishes Challenge. This week Cheryl is our hostess and the theme is Less=More! And she also put a NO COLORING clause in to the mix! Check out all the details on how to play along with the challenge on the Flourishes Blog.

Check out the Less=More creations from the Team! 
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!

 When I read the challenge note of no coloring... I was was thrown for a minute, because usually that's exactly what I like to do with Flourishes images! But I quickly got in to the spirit of the challenge and decided to use the Chalkboard Technique along with the Just my Type set. 

 I heat embossed on flat (no texture) black card stock using Detail White embossing powder. I used my finger to rub on some Moonlight White Brilliance ink.

I left the inside blank for an any themed card. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps by Flourishes: #SS230 Just my Type - retired
  • Dies by Flourishes: Tailor Made Keyhole Die Set
  • Paper: DP by Kaisercraft - 12x12 Paper Lily from the Violet Crush Collection, Black, Flourishes Classic White Card Stock
  • Ink: Versamark and White Detail Embossing Powder, Moonlight White Brilliance ink for the chalk effect
  • Other: Spellbinder's Curved Matting Basics Set A and Set B, Foam Tape, Ribbon by May Arts, Bow Easy Tool, Adhesive Crystals, Embossing Folder by SU, Quilling Strip Die by Cheery Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, Jenny! This is gorgeous! I love how you used the keyhole die turned sideways for a "chalkboard!" And I would never think to use black and brown together, but it's such a classy look! I'll definitely be using it now! LOL! Great take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE how you used this die!!!! THIS LOOKS SUPER!!!:) BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detail. Wonderful way to do the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smashing card - love the chalkboard technique for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smashing card - love the chalkboard technique for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you the clever one?! I love this die cut flipped on it's side and your chalk board technique looks right at home here with all of your beautiful layers! Awesome card this week, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete