Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #258 - Wood you be Mine?


It's Tuesday, that means it's time for a new Flourishes Challenge. Katie is our hostess this week and she wants us to use some kind of wood .... paper, embellishment, stamp... something that represents wood on your creation. Visit the Flourishes Blog to find out more details of how to play along with our challenge for a chance to win and also see what is on sale! 

Check out how the team incorporated WOOD with their creations this week...
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton

Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!

 I pulled a piece of paper out of the new Authentique collection "Suave" for my wood element. I love this image, even though it features a little boy, it still reminds me of my dad. My father has such a love for fishing and he raised my brother and I as a single parent... with a lot of love and a lot of time spent fishing. 


 I did a little airbrushing... I enhanced the horizon line. I masked the top of the image and airbrushed B34 on the bottom. I airbrushed N4 on the top. I used the Fur Technique with my Copic Colorless Blender Solution to get the textured effect on the grey portion. 

 As usual, I added a liner on the inside with my left over scraps. Not sure what I'll end up using this card for, so I left the inside blank for now. 


  • Stamps by Flourishes: Kids Play Set #SS125 - still available!
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Authentique 6x6 Collections Suave, Kaisercraft 12x12 "Always" from the Art of Life Collection, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White (ivory), 
  • Other: Grey Twine by American Crafts, Bow Easy Tool, Button from Flourishes, Foam Tape, Spellbinder's Oval Nesties, Perfect Layer Rulers, Copic ABS, Spellbinder's #LF-126 Grand Squares, Sizzix #658696 Banners

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Jenny! I love the color palette, and the woodgrain dp you used with that image is perfect! And, I just can't get over how cool your fur technique turned out on the image. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect sentiment for this adorable image! Love the masculine, woodgrain look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY LOVE ALL of the work you've put into this one Jenny!!!!!!!!!!!:) LOVE the effect of all the MASKING & AIRBRUSH!!! :) IT'S FABULOUS!!!!!!;) AND it's a SWEET IMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Unusual colors make this card stunning! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jenny... what an amazing card! Love the texture resist you used for your sky. Love the teals and greys - so soft but beautiful! Wonderful card creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny,

    This sweet card really tugs at the heart, brings a little bit of the "simpler times" onto your creation. This will be a very welcome display for someone special.

    Appreciate you sharing!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't you just love to relax in this wooded spot! Well done, Jenny!
    retro effects add a great deal of feeling to the mix.
    Keep Looking UP!
    mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, a beautiful card this week....the papers are perfect for your image and I love that you shared your inspiration for this awesome creation! The stippled bg you achieved with your copics is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I love this masculine card and colors you chose. The papers were definitely a perfect match. This is one of my favorite sets as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very pretty! It really does look like a fishing area and I love the fur sky too! TFS for the link for how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so need to get my airbrush out...this is just my fave or all time-or at least today LOL! Awesome card and wonderful family memories make it that much more special!

    ReplyDelete