Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

SSCB #27 PART 2 - Buttons, Chalk and Love....


Serendipity Stamps Monthly Challenge #27 - Buttons!  You can play along with us any theme - just be sure to include some buttons and at least one Serendipity Stamps image (Stamp or Die) on your project!   You can use any kind of buttons you like, stamped buttons, button patterned paper, or actual buttons.You can find all the details on how to play along with the team and win a gift certificate on the Serendipity Challenge Blog

The DT is also following the BUTTON theme with the added twist of creating a project featuring the Chalkboard Technique. Check what the ladies chalked up for your inspiration:

Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 The Hearts Background Stamp and the Love Die come in a SET together or you can also purchase them individually. The Heart image fit perfectly in the Spellbinder's Rounded Squares Die. After cutting it out, I left it in the die to add piercing around the inside edge. Then I used my finger to rub a little Moonlight White Brilliance ink over the image. You can be heavier handed or have a lighter touch when doing this...when I saw the other cards the team came up with I noticed their chalkboards were much "cleaner" looking! LOL! There are lots of ways to create a stamped chalkboard, just turn to google or Splitcoast Stampers for a myriad of suggestions on how to achieve the chalkboard look!

On the inside, I added the Love Die Cut.... cut twice adding the second layer in black as a shadow. I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to add a tiny 1/16" border mat around the white liner inside. My finished card is 4 3/4" square and opens at the bottom, tent style.

Tomorrow, I will be showing off another chalkboard technique card, so be sure and stop by!

8 comments:

  1. Again, LOVE everything about this card. Especially love the inside and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the red and black. I almost went with this same image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny this is perfect!! Mine was a little cleaner but, I love the smudging too!! The image is perfect for this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet! Love the Hearts stamp and the Love die!
    Fun card Jenny and great chalkboard technique. Love the envelope paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful chalkboard, Jenny! Love all the hearts and die cut red layer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness...where have I been...you have so many niftin spiftin creations to catch up on!!!

    ReplyDelete