Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

SSCB #27 Buttons and Butterflies


Happy New Year!


We're switching things up a bit in 2014 on the Serendipity Challenge Blog. We've decided to make the challenges monthly so you have longer to play. The design team will still provide inspiration twice a month (every other Wednesday), but you get the whole month to play along! You can find all the details on how to play along with the team and win a gift certificate on the Serendipity Challenge Blog


Our challenge this month is all about buttons and the DT was given the theme of Get Well or Encouragement to work in to our projects for this week. 
Check out the first Serendipity Designs of 2014!
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 I went with a friendship encouragement type of card... really the sentiment inside could go for any occasion to brighten a friend's day! My button is hard to see, but it's there, under the little bow. The cute Jillibean butterfly paper obviously inspired my design.

 I used the Floral Butterfly Dies for the focal point. I curved the butterfly wings and popped them up using dimensional silicone. I added the button and bow along with some paper strips to embellish (Cut with a Cheery Lynn Quilling Strip Die). The pretty Butterfly Kisses sentiment stamped along the bottom edge with Versafine Onyx Black.

On the inside I stamped the friend sentiment and added a few layers so the inside matched the front. 

6 comments:

  1. This is just amazing...loving all the pretty piercing(you are the best at that), embossing and love dramatic color scheme! All out pretty Jenny! Happy New Year to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the butterfly die paired with the fun paper. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Jenny! The color is so bright and happy and I love how it all ties together w/ the bg of little butterflies. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your layers and your inside! so complete! Love the butterfly! I am trying to tell myself I don't need another butterfly die! Thank you for sharing with all of us! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Love your butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! What an eye catching card! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete