Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop - DAY THREE!


It's Day Three of the Hop and I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the designs with the new dies! I think we've saved the cutest die for the end. Today is all about the new Ladybug Die and darling Ladybug Hug Sentiment.


Follow the hop to see what all the ladies did with the Ladybug! Leave comments for the designers and a random comment will be chosen each day to receive a gift certificate to shop at Serendipity! Hoppers have until Feb 5 to leave a comment winners will be posted on Feb 7, 2014 on the Serendipity Blog.

Here's the Hop Order:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 I just know I have ladybug paper somewhere in my stash.... but I gave up the hunt and decided to make my own paper! I adore this ladybug die and coordinating sentiment. I know this die will see a lot of use! Red, black and white color schemes are my favorite and perfect for the ladybug, which can be sent for an anytime hello card! 

Creating the background paper was quick and easy! 
 I stamped the ladybug randomly using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used a circle punch to create a little template I could fit over the stamped image and trace the outline of the circle.

 Next I punched the same size circles out of Eclipse Tape - Masking Tape. I covered my ladybug circles.

 I stamped the Ladybug Hugs sentiment multiple times going over the masked ladybugs. I used Versafine Black Onyx ink to stamp the sentiment.

 Last step was to add some quick color to the bugs! 

 I cut a panel out of my homemade paper. I added some tiny piercing around the edges while my panel was still in the die.

Here's the close up. I added my ladybug die cut... curving it a bit. I used Collall Silicone to apply it so that it would remain in place and maintain the curve. 

  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Ladybug Die #1295ED, Ladybug Hugs #1296E, Ladybug #900B
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Red Peppermint Bazzill Heavy Weight, Black Linen by Neenah, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Misc. Gingham Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's A2 Curved Matting Basics Set A and Set B, Spellbinder's Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, Nellie's Circle Dies, Piercing Tool, Collall Silicone

21 comments:

  1. Wow! what a fabulous card...I love all the details and work you put into it. Stunning creativity. Loving the lady bug die. Thank you for a fun Blog Hop. hugs, Antoinette T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I just love how you made the background . I must have that die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a charming creation of lady bugs!!!!! Great way to mask and stamp over them -- brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card. Love how you made your own background paper! The paper-piercing too is awesome. Thanks for sharing that idea with the dies! Love how you curved the back of the ladybug too! Great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JENNY, What a wonderful card to end the blog hop! This is soooo cute! Love how you how split her so it gives her wings and dimension. So clever to use the Ladybug Stamp and Hugs Sentiment for your background...stunning! Love, love, love the Ladybug Die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background!! Such a cute and adorable card and sentiment!!! You definitely knocked it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing simply one amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm smitten with that background you created here Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Jenny! I love your stamped background, and the fun red, black and white colour scheme. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and lovely background with all the lady bugs !

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really pretty creative card with so many neat details...I really like how you created the background...must give that a try...thanks for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Awesome card! I like your background, thanks for the tutorial. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a delightful card, with lots of interesting details! I like your hand stamped backing paper very much. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your process in making your very wonderful ladybug card. I just love what you did and how you did it. So generous of you to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Love all the details of the card. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now isn't this fun! Loved seeing how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to make your own paper...the masking is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay for you, you had to use this cute ladybug and all of her 'stuff'!! I saw this on Miriam's blog and now you. :-( It is really getting expensive to blog hop like you want!!! This is just too too adorable for words and you make it look so easy. A really fun and pretty card too, and now I see how you are doing the piercing. Yours is so even. Mine....probably not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ....love how you made this one!

    ReplyDelete