Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Serendipity Blog Hop - DAY ONE!

BLOG HOP TIME!
Today we are all showcasing one of the brand new dies that Serendipity Stamps just released. 
The CLOVER DIE is the focus for today's hop.

Here's the new Clover Die and new sentiment for St. Patty's Day!
 
Be sure and check out what the team came up with using the new die! I've seen some of the projects and they are very clever! Hop around and leave a little comment love for the designers and a random comment will be chosen each day to receive a gift certificate to shop at Serendipity! Hoppers have until Feb 5 to leave a comment winners will be posted on Feb 7.

Here's the Hop Order:

What can I say.... Valentine papers are still covering my desk and I wasn't quite ready to change holidays! 
 So I took a different road using my Clover Die today! 
I know.... No Clover! You can see below how I chopped up my Clover and used it for Valentine's Day! The plaid paper is Christmas left overs too... so I'm mixing up all the holidays! 

After cutting out my hearts, I adhered them to the ivory paper and ran them through with the die again to make the ivory paper puff up and emboss through the design.  Hard to see in the pictures, but above you can maybe see it in the large middle heart. I hand cut a skinny black layer around each heart to help it stand out from the plaid background.

Here's the inside. I added another die...Love...cutting it twice and glueing the black layer a little lower to create a shadow.

I just love creating card bases with the shaped die cuts! Using a heavier card stock is VERY helpful when doing this. If you don't have a heavy weight paper then double up and glue two pieces together before you cut... like on the inside layer of my card.
  • Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Clover Die, Love Die, Heart Scroll Die
  • Paper: Bazzill Peppermint Heavy Weight card stock, Black Linen, Plaid is from the 6x6 Bazzill Nordic Pines Collection
  • Other: Spellbinder's Decorative Labels Eight, Spellbinder's Labels Eight, Foam Tape, Bow Easy Tool, Misc. Ribbon, Cheery Lynn Quilling Strip Die (for black skinny line on inside)

Here's the Hop Order one more time:

23 comments:

  1. How very Krafty and clever to think of cutting the clover die cut to get a heart shape! The card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card for Valentine's Day. The dies are wonderfull and I think there are several ways to use them ! Here, it's a good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is such a stunning Valentine! Love how you used the shamrock die! It sure increases it's versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Valentine! So creative! Great use of your left over Christmas stash paper too! Always thinking outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so CLOVER:) Nice way to think out of the box. Now I have another heart die. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and so creative! Love all the hearts and lovely die cuts you used! It is one amazing Valentine card...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are definitely a "think outside of the box" type of person and very creative. Thank you for the explanation of how you used the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Jenny! Love your Valentine made w/ the shamrocks. Before I noticed the hearts, I saw all the red and thought hmmm...that's a different color for St. Paddy's day, lol. Love all the framing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You clever girl! I love how you multi purposed this die so it can be used all year round! Your card is gorgeous with lots of layers and pretty details (I knew it would be!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and charming. I'm with you, I'm not quite ready to let Valentine's Day go. It is one of my favorites as well. Love what you did with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning! Wonderful use of the heart shapes in the die, a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you changed the whole look of the die and gave it extra "life". More value for your money. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I love the plaid background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card. Love that you used the clover die to make a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clever to use that die that way...and you made one pretty card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean, I'm right there with you! Great Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you showed how this die can be used for cards other than St. Patrick's Day...so fun and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever use of the shamrock die! I love how everyone in the DT uses the same product but comes up with such totally different ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowie! What a stunning card and brilliant work you did with the shamrock. Thanks for sharing the tips and a fun Blog Hop. Hugs, Antoinette T

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely card...very cool use of your dies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow what a great way to stretch your dies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am really not kidding, Jenny, enough is enough! Talk about creative! I love every inch of your card. How pretty and fun too! Love how you made your hearts!!

    ReplyDelete