Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Serendipity Blog Hop - Day Two!



Welcome back to Day Two of the Serendipity Blog Hop! Today we are all showcasing the very cute new Bunny Die!
 Hop around and leave a little comment love for the designers and a random comment will be chosen each day to receive a gift certificate to shop at Serendipity! Hoppers have until Feb 5 to leave a comment winners will be posted on Feb 7.

Here's the Hop Order:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

 Of course the bunny is perfect for Easter, but I took a different path again today and made a new baby card! I think it could easily be used for a boy baby too... just change up the colors. I pulled out the heat gun and white embossed the Congratulations sentiment using Detail EP which really shows off how fine the script stamps. I adhered the pink bunny to the white and hand cut the border. I die cut the bunny a second time in green and pieced the flowers centers in to place.

The green panels were embossed with a Sizzix Folder using a heavier weight paper... but the embossing was really deep and it was busy next to the small flower paper. I ran it through my Vagabond with just two smooth paper shims to smooth it out just a little bit. It left me with the pattern still visible and not competing as much with the busy print paper. 

Blank on the inside! I added my paper leftovers as usual! I cut the card base using Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares. Finished card measures 5 1/4" square.

22 comments:

  1. Oh, that is the sweetest baby card and it really showcases the lovely bunny die. Love your arrangement and color choices. I think that die would be great for Easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card with an adorable die !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I really like the soft colors that you have chosen...One of my favorite color combos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it makes an adorable baby card! I love your colors, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jenny! I love these colors and papers and your scroll frame is so pretty. The bunny makes such a sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful! I really love the soft colors and papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always amaze me Jenny! Everything you make is so clean, professional, and elegant - even this pretty pink bunny! Love all those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see this Bunny Die being used for a baby, so sweet! Your soft colors and papers are perfect for a girl. Jenny, your work is always fabulous...love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the two-tone color palate. I also really love love the fancy square die- they are my favorite. Wonderful job coordinating layers and color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to be the cutest new baby card ever!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet card. Your use of the bunny for a baby card is adorable and I can imagine it in the child's scrapbook later in their life to enjoy. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great baby card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning baby card! The new bunny die is so sweet and you've showcased it just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You take such care, Jenny, with all the fine details. This is such a delightful card to view.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You take such care, Jenny, with all the fine details. This is such a delightful card to view.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card...lovely details as you showcase that adorable bunny die. Hugs, Antoinette T

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful! Lovely colours, and it makes a perfect baby baby card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layout and soft colors. Hope you were safe at home, warm and snuggly during the ice storm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty baby card and I love the scalloped card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, you and Miriam are really ganging up on my wants!! This bunny is so darn cute!! The colors, the die cuts for BG and card, and it shines inside and out as always. I am getting up and leaving my computer after your blog and waiting for the 'must have its' to leave before continuing.

    ReplyDelete