Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

FTTC#256 - Radiant Orchid

Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo

Hello fellow Flourishes fans! It's Tuesday and we're here with another fantastic Timeless Tuesday Challenge for you! Have you checked out the latest and greatest Gambler's Sale this week? You don't want to miss this... it's 20% off everything in the store. Things go fast, so shop now to ensure you get all those stamps on your "must have" list! Click here for more details and your shopping code. This week Allison is our hostess and she is challenging you to create using the newest Pantone Color of the year... Radiant Orchid... but any shade of purple will do!

FTTC256 Purple 

 According to the Pantone View, "Since 2000, the Pantone Color Institute™ has been designating a Color of the Year to express in color what is taking place in the global zeitgeist. A color that will resonate around the world, the PANTONE Color of the Year is a reflection of what people are looking for, what they feel they need that color can help to answer. Not necessarily the hot fashion color of the moment, but a color crossing all areas of design which is an expression of a mood, an attitude, on the part of the consumers." Have fun using purple in your creations this week! This week, we have asked the Design Team to join us in celebrating the colour purple. Take a moment and leave some lavender love on each one of our designers this week!
I am positive I have never used this much purple on one card! It's not a "go to" color for me usually. I'm seeing it everywhere all of a sudden... PURPLE everything! This came together nice and easy with the new paper collection, Violet Crush, from Kaisercraft. I used the 12x12 sized papers... mixing in some white and black card stock. I used the stamp set Flower and Friends (now retired) for the sentiment and oval print on the front.

All of the coloring was super simple, really! No blending at all just coloring in different areas with the Copics.  The sentiment and flower on the inside panel are from the Sweet Nature set.

 I added foam tape between the layers to add dimension. As usual, I could not resist a bow and I topped it with a little Pave Grape Crystal

Here's the inside panel. The card base and several layers were all cut with Spellbinder's Curved Matting Basics - Set A and Set B. The finished card size is an A2.

22 comments:

  1. Oh so perfectly purple...I love it and the color purple! You did a fantastic job of showcasing the color. I especially admire how you decorated the inside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Jenny! I just LOVE the bling on those scalloped ovals! The smaller one looks like a string of beads around the sentiment. And, how fun to have the coloring on the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny this is just so beautiful and how true is true is the wording. Just love the aubergine colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made the purple pop with the black! Beautiful card! Love the sentiment on the front, too. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card ! I often use purple for my cards, I love this color !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like how you did the colored image on the inside and the sentiment on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple might not be your "go to" color ...but maybe this is the new you? Lol! Jenny, this is really stunning! I love the mix of papers, jewels and, as always, your incredible coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny,
    What a surprise when you open this one, not only is the out side beautiful but the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great sentiments, super inside of card to match the front. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! The inside is as beautiful as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Jenny! I am in love with all the shades of purple you used on your card and what a great sentiment to use! Perfectly purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful combination of elements here! I love the way you colored those flowers on the inside too -- almost like stained glass! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the treatment on your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOOO LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) AND INSIDE A DOUBLE SURPRISE!!!!!!!!:) PERFECTLY DONE!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you...this is not a color I usually gravitate toward but you sure can't tell it here....so very pretty and I love that your beautifully colored image is on the inside! Simply gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautifully framed sentiment!! Love the papers and rounded corners too!! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenny, this card is so beautiful inside and out! Hope you enjoyed all the snow you all got??? Stay warm and safe...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card with great colors and I really like that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! Love your use of dots, circles, scallops & layers -- zoweeee! And what a beautiful inside, like two cards in one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is pretty...and such a lovely lovely sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card inside and out!! I love the simplicity on the outside to showcase the flower on the inside!

    ReplyDelete