Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

FTTC#255 - Timeless Tuesday Challenge




Visit the Flourishes Blog to find out more details of how to lay along with our challenge for a chance to win and also see what is on sale!

Check out what the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton

Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!


 OK... so maybe I stretched the theme a bit today. I went with the theme of something NEW... a new stamp set. I inked up the new set Under the Big Top for my card today. Of course it reminded me of Graphic 45's Le Cirque paper... so I pulled out my stash! It was always so hard for me to cut in to my G45 papers, so I have quite a nice little stash! I've been better about using it the past year, rather than just hoarding it! All of the papers came from the 8x8 paper pad of Le Cirque.

 I airbrushed around the circle while it was still in the nestie and added some piercing. I added a little of the blue in on the dancing bear's dress.

 I stamped the ticket image and also airbrushed those using the same colors in my mine image. I then cut them both out and stacked them up using foam tape.

 Before assembling everything I used a CHestnut Roan Cats Eye ink pad to edge every element, giving it a more worn look. Foam Tape and my fluffy seam binding bow add a lot of dimension.

Here's the inside. Again, I edged everything with the chestnut roan ink pad. I added a few of my leftover paper elements to the inside liner. Finished card is 5 1/2" Square. To create the card base I used a die from Spellbinder's Creative Book Pages.

  • Stamps by Flourishes : Under the Big Top Stamp Set
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Chestnut Roan Cats Eye, Copic ABS
  • Paper: Graphic 45's 8x8 Le Cirque Collection, Black, Neenah Baronial Ivory, Yellow
  • Other: Spellbinder's Creative Book Pages, Black Seam Binding Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tapem, Adhesive Jewels, Bow Easy Tool, Copics

15 comments:

  1. Oh My! Oh My! This card is fantastic! It is just so perfect. Even though it is very vintage in feel, the look is so fresh and really pops. Now I want to get some of that paper and the stamps too. Visiting your blog really makes my mind's eye excited. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,
    I love this card all the elements work so perfectly. I'm with you on the paper cutting thing, I still paper to cool to cut. My G45 collection ranks high on the do not cut list. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This really packs a big punch! The vivid colors pop with all of the black; what an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!! You're SO FUNNY JENNY!!! I can SEE HOW "THE NEW STAMP SET" works!!! :) Your card is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the coloring!!! The OVER-ALL LOOK of your card!!! IT'S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! SUPERIOR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow, Jenny! This is fantastic! And, the dp you used was the perfect choice! I love all the distressing. I am seriously going to have to work on my airbrushing skills. The bg you airbrushed on the bear is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you created this FUN card... Just a little stamping and the rest with your BEAUTIFUL papers...
    It sure turned out Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny... your card is da'bomb girl! I love the use of the fabulous circus themed papers and your rich colours are divine! What a fabulous and fun card you created this week! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Jenny.......you rocked this challenge! Love the papers, image,your fabulous coloring....love all of it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is wonderful! I love the rich colors and your cards are just always a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I echo all these comments. I, too, have trouble cutting my G45 papers. They are just so exquisite but you did them justice with this spectacular card!

    Chris Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I echo all these comments. I, too, have trouble cutting my G45 papers. They are just so exquisite but you did them justice with this spectacular card!

    Chris Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I echo all these comments. I, too, have trouble cutting my G45 papers. They are just so exquisite but you did them justice with this spectacular card!

    Chris Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I echo all these comments. I, too, have trouble cutting my G45 papers. They are just so exquisite but you did them justice with this spectacular card!

    Chris Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an awesome card! The colors used. Your fabulous coloring and layout really pack a punch. can you tell that I really Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing your airbrush skills! Perfect match of stamp and papers for this one!

    ReplyDelete