Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

FTTC#254 - Button it Up!


Play along with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge each week for a chance to win prizes and or gift certificates. You can find all the details on the Flourishes Blog.


I hope that everyone is back in the swing of regular life and stamping, now that the busy holidays are over. I'm hosting the Timeless Tuesday Challenge for this week. Today the challenge is all about the weather... when it's cold out side, you have to button up! I think we all have been doing way too much of that lately, even here in the South! for Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week I'd like you to use at least one button embellishment, along with a winter themed card. 

Check out what the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!


Where's my button....   it's small but it is there under the bow! I had fun airbrushing with the Snow Scenes set, now retired. I fit my scene in to the Perfectly Pierced Window Die.

You can see in the picture below that I traced the inside of the Perfectly Pierced Window Die then I stamped my elements and did my airbrushing. I cut it out last. 
 I used Eclipse Tape to mask off snow drifts and gently airbrushed with Copic W4, continually moving my torn paper to look like rolling hills. I used a circle cut out to mask the moon. After I and cut out the scene, I used the die to cut a black layer for it. I then hand cut a white layer...see the first picture.


The sentiment was also cut out with a smaller die included in the Perfectly Pierced Window Die set. The sentiment seems perfect for all this crazy cold weather of late and is from the Snow Wonderful Set.

10 comments:

  1. The PERFECT winter card! Your airbrushed hills look amazing...a perfect backdrop for your deer and tree silhouettes! Simply gorgeous! Thanks for a wonderful challenge this week, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful airbrushed scene, love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,
    Beautiful winter scene, your airbrushing is spectacular. I do have lots and lots of buttons and it's snowing so I will be buttoning up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be one of my most favorites! Jenny, this is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Jenny! You never disappoint. This is lovely and needs a frame in addition to the ones you gave it. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, this card just blows me away! I love the simple, but elegant color palette, and the black frames showcase your AMAZING scene beautifully! But what I REALLY love are the airbrushed hills! I'm going in my craft room right now and practice with my airbrush!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE how you used your Copics!!! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!:) (ANOTHER SET, I "need" to get!! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome card with that airbrushing and monochromatic look. I really need to take a moment to try the airbrushing... great challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my...some more lovely airbrushing...this design really shines!

    ReplyDelete