Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

FTTC253: Get in shape with Flowers for Jan....


Hello all and welcome to a very special kick off to Flourishes' January Release! Not only are we ushering the new release in with a fun-filled Timeless Tuesday Challenge but we are showcasing a set designed to honor Flourishes' owner and founder.

INTRODUCING....

FlowersForJanGraphic 
 Wisteria, Peonies and Bearded Iris -- all three of these flowers are favorites of Flourishes' founder and owner Jan Marie Caruso. Sentimentally illustrated by Marcella Hawley, these beautiful blooms honor the lady at the helm at Flourishes. Three breathtaking flowers paired with three beautifully scripted words and five accent words. This 4" by 6" set is sure to be one you reach for just to send creations to friends far and wide for any and all occasions! Would you like to win this set along with the other two sets being released this month? All you need to do is play along with us!!! We have a special treat for you today -- two actually! First, in honor of Jan Marie and this very special set, Flourishes' Senior Design Team is joining along in this challenge to give you double the inspiration! As you hop around getting inspired on ways to "Get In Shape", don’t forget to try to figure out….

Mystery-Blogger-Graphic

Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances of winning.
Jenny Gropp - you are here! 

Occasionally a set comes out that you just instantly know is going to be a favorite! A real go to set that you can just see using over and over... today we are revealing the set Flowers for Jan. It's gonna be in my top favorites for a good long while! I just love it, the florals, the sentiments... just lock me in the room with paper, ink and some Copics along with this set! With Katie as our hostess this week challenging us to make a shaped card, which I love doing along with such a pretty new stamp set, this TImeless Tuesday had me all smiles!

Look how pretty that flower stamped! Of course I'm using Copics and my go to ink is Memento, Tuxedo Black in this case. I stamped the flower and sentiment, then taped the Keyhole Die over it and traced the inside of the die with a pencil. I then hand cut around the image, allowing the flower elements to stick outside. I later ran the die through using brown paper to get a fitted layer. 
You can see I added a soft background using the 2 Copic Markers in the picture. I added several layers of R000 until I got the shading I wanted. 
TIP: If you use pencil to trace the dies and hand cut, erase all pencil marks before coloring with Copics. Otherwise the pencil will not come up after a Copic has gone over it!

Here are the Copics I used to color the image. I wanted to leave more white tips than I did.... but my hand was faster than my mind!

And the finishing Copics.... I always like to throw a little random yellow or brown in leaves. G43 and G46 are most certainly my most used leave colors. 

On the inside, I simply stamped a portion of the pretty peony in the corner. I added a layer to my liner as well using Perfect Layer Rulers.

Here's the up close. The Spellbinder's Die Lattice Rectangles is used to create the card base, I used the largest die in the nesting set and it will fit nicely in an A2 envelope.   


53 comments:

  1. Your card is truly lovely and you are lovely to have taken the time to give us a blog tutorial. Your techniques are ones that were new to me. I'm so glad that I read your blog because I learn so much. Thank you! Hope your New Year 2014 is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vibrant colors and thanks for showing the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The coloring is just beautiful. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous!! Great new release as well! I really love your work and think it's terrific that you always include the tops to the copics you use in your step photos!
    Thanks so much!

    Sue Brailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely outstanding coloring. Gorgeous card in every way!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, coloring is fantastic and this set is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I agree that this set could easily become a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Such stunning copic colouring and I love the way the peonies peek over the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for the tutorial. Loving this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card -- you have used the keyhole die to perfection with the flower and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny, you rocked this challenge! Love the die cut for your peony and your beautiful card shape...not to mention your gorgeous coloring (which kind of goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway)....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect colors, the peony is gorgeous! I bet it's just one of those fantastic images to color, the possibilities are endless! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) LOVE how you did the die & had the flower come out of the die---can't remember the NAME of that technique!!!BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!! LOL :) The COLORS you've chosen are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!:) AND your coloring is GORGEOUS TOO!!! :) PLUS, I LIKE your manicure!!!!!!!:) ONLY WISH I could KEEP a manicure like that!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super gorgeous! Love the vivid colors and how you created the image panel. Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is fabulous again. Thanks for always sharing the copic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Jenny! Fabulous colours and colouring of this beautiful new image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! Your coloring is off the chart gorgeous! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning card! I love how you used the die and the beautiful colors you used! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful card. So thoughtful to take the time to give a tutorial also. I simply love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very beautiful card with gorgeous flowers! Such pretty colors and decorative frame!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is lovely, Jenny. I really like the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely colors and the white tips on the flowers is striking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This set is already a favorite for me. Can't wait to get it and make something beautiful like your wonderful card. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card. Love the coloring on it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your peony is so beautifully colored that my eyes are popping! Love your card and the sweet shape. Thank you for showing all the Copic colors you used to create this masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't say enough about the colors that you choose to enhance this stamp set. Just beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such beautiful colouring on these peonies Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always love seeing your creative process. Love the depth to your coloring as well. :)

    I forgot to tell you how much I appreciated you sending me some of the shimmer paper. I plan on using it very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card - lovely colors and coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card - lovely colors and coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card - lovely colors and coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card - lovely colors and coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I adore the colors you used! I also like how the keyhole die works as a nice background for the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Incredible depth acheived with your coloring job - great work!
    loyaz1@wbhsi.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for sharing these pretty color combos you used on this lovely card. It's a "gotta have it!"

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous--love the color combo and the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful! This die is awesome with the peony's, great idea. Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your peonies are simply STUNNING! Wow!! Love how you framed them too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jenny... this is stunning! You are one of the most beautiful colourers I know! Your peony flowers have so much dimension and beauty. Lovin' the shape of your card - great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful and creative...love how you did the hand cutting...very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful and creative...love how you did the hand cutting...very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your beautiful card. Wonderful coloring.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jenny, thank you for making a real mark of excellence inside your lovely Flourishes Flowers for Jan card. What a touch of classy cardmaking! You go, girl! Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperydc

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is absolutely gorgeous. The shading is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Amazing coloring and colors! Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I just love how you colored it, also the shading, that´s something I look forward to add to my designs.

    Thanks for sharing!

    http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card - beautiful coloring and I love the lattice and the sparkle.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous shaped card Jenny! The mini tutorials are awesome too!

    BTW...did you get my messages???

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wowzers Jenny -- this is ONE STUNNING CREATION! Your coloring is out of this world and the way you framed your flower -- genius!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous coloring for sure Jenny! This is a beauty and I always love to frame image traced with a fun die! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Jenny, your coloring on that flower is AMAZING! I think the amount of white left on the tips was perfect. The peony looks like you just went outside and picked it! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete