Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

'Tis the Season...


I have a fun card to share with you today, created with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! You can always hop to the PPRS Blog to find inspiration!

 When I saw this image, To be Jolly, I knew right away that I wanted to try the chalk board technique with it. I know.... I'm so behind the the times! Everyone has been doing this for a year and here it is my first try! And I think you'll be seeing more of it on my blog... because it sure is easy! 

 I heat embossed the image on black paper (smooth black is better than textured) and then I used my finger to rub a little white ink here and there. Seriously Easy Peasy! The sentiment fit perfectly in to MFT's Pierced Rectangle Stax Dies.

Prickley Pear has more images similar to this... wouldn't they make an awesome collection of cards to gift a friend! All of these would really stand out using the chalkboard technique.

 Here's the up close. I used fun paper and added a little jute string bow and wrapping to embellish. The layers are popped up with foam tape to add dimension.

You were thinking.... where's the cat? I love PPRS's little kitty cat stamps and usually can mange to sneak one in on every card! Here it is! I added the "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" sentiment from the Clear Set Christmas Trees. The kitty is from the clear set Holly and Berries. Of corse the kitty needed a little sparkle, so I used a Viva Glitter LIner Pen to jazz up his santa hat. The card is and A2 and opens tent style at the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Ah dang it - now I have to go look at the Prickly Pear site and my budget will go out the window again :) - your card is too cute and the stamps you showed from PP are too!!!

    ReplyDelete