Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

SSCB #26 - Chalk it up...



Welcome to another challenge from Serendipity Stamps!
Challenge #25 -Use chalk on your project!
Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 random Gift Certificate!  Find all the details on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.

We have more than 100 stamps on our 50% Off Wood Mounted Sale.We also have 3 different grab bags – UM, Sticky cushion, and Cling Cushion. Each has 10 small stamps. Just search for "grab bag" in the Serendipity Store.

Check out the inspiring designs from the Team this week:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!


 I thought this long pretty ornament would be fun to ink up. Since the challenge was chalk - I used chalk around the oval edge and the polka dot panel which gave it a really soft finish. 

 I'm picky when it comes to chalk and the brand I really like is Pebbles. I used the Pebbles Pearlescent Shimmers Chalk for this. It has a subtle shimmer to it and really rubs on nice and smoothly.

 I colored the ornament twice, one is to pop up. You can see the Copic colors I used.  The oval die from Spellbinder's Radiant Rectangles was a perfect fit to frame the ornament... and bonus it does all the beautiful piercing when it cuts.

I used some metallic thread to create a bow with the Bow Easy and also made a little knotted tassel.  I gently curved the cut out ornament and added it with Dimensional Silicone (Collall) this way it will dry and maintain the curved shape.  

 I added the sentiment Sending Lots of Love on the inside and also chalked around the panel.



8 comments:

  1. Your work is breathtaking. The frame really adds to the overall beauty of the card. Merry Craftmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love all of your cards but this is an exception. I love the shape, color combination, the ornament and the treatment with the fringe at the top and bottom. WOW! What an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and coloring! Love all the dies you used .
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your design is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, Jenny! Love the elegant shape and wonderful colors. The chalked edges are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I love the ornament image! The gold thread is a gorgeous and such an elegant touch. The chalk edging was a perfect idea for the challenge. Now, I want some Pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jenny! Love it! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete