Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SSCB #25 - Get in Shape for this challenge!



Welcome to another challenge from Serendipity Stamps!

Challenge #25 -Use a non traditional shape to create your card base!
Play along with us for a chance to win a $25 random Gift Certificate!  Find all the details on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. The sale this week is buy three, get a fourth for FREE. This special is good through December 11th at the Serendipity Online Store.  

Check out the inspiring designs from the Team this week:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!


 I really like this image, Holly with Frame, it's fun and quick to color. It has a fair amount of shading to cover any coloring flaws. Since the challenge was about shaped cards, I used Spellbinder's Grand Creative Book Pages Dies #LF168 to create my card base. Along the edges of the printed paper I used a blackbird cats eye to add a little shading. 

 I added just a hint of shading on the top and bottom. I knew I was going for really bold colors with the image. The background just seemed too white with out the grey.

 The leaves... well I struggled to find a really good combo to match my green card stock. So I ended up with the G90's. After I was done with the 90's I went back and lightened up the tone a bit with the YG13.

I colored the branch brown, but I'm pretty sure it should have been green. ooops.

Here's the close up. I added Viva Clear Glass Effects to the red berries, and they really shine. Foam tape in between layers adds dimension.

Here's the inside. You can see I created the card with a score line in the top of my back panel, creating the hinge. I added the Pretty Seasons Greetings sentiment in Versafine Crimson Red.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the shape, the inside and your copic coloring is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shape and beautiful card! I have this stamp and I am going to give it a try and color it! You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shape Jenny! Yep, still here and look at all you make, just so dang busy! This is such a pretty image and oh so dramatic with the black card base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring as always!! Fabulous shape!! Love that image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Jenny! I love the shape of your card..I couldn't quite figure out which die you used when I first saw it. Beautiful coloring on the holly...one of my fave images!

    p.s. got your envie in the mail...Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jenny. I love the black contrast with your red and green papers. Your coloring is always perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card -- and looks like fun to color! I love all of the black framing -- really makes the card pop. Can I assume that you hand cut some of the layers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny this is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the colors you used! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete