Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Impression Obsession - Quick and Simple....

New challenge for Impression Obsession begins today! 
The theme is quick and simple! I whipped up some quick, simple and SPARKLY gift tags! So come on and join us for this challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog
Check out the DT's simple creations today and get inspired to  whip out some last minute tags or cards! 

JENNY GROPP - YOU ARE HERE!


TAG 1
 The snow tag is super simple. I heat embossed the snow sentiment using Versamark and White Detail Embossing Powder. I die cut the snowflake out of kraft and white. I added double sided tape to the back of the kraft tag after I cut out the snow flake. Then I pieced the white snowflake in the empty spot. I filled in all the empty spots using Microfine silver glitter. 


  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: #D14163 Snow Loves the Trees
  • Dies by Impression Obsession: DIE024-X Snowflake Die Set
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Kraft
  • Ink: Versamark and White Detail EP
  • Other: Microfine Silver Glitter by Elizabeth Crafts, Misc. Silver Ribbon, Scor-Pal Adhesive Sheets, Bow Easy Tool , Pierced Tag Die by MFT

TAG 2

I used the Merry Tree Die for this quick tag. The sparkle doesn't show off well in the picture, but I assure you it's eye-catching! I die cut the Merry Christmas out of white card stock.

 I added Scor-Pal adhesive to card stock and then die cut the tag. I peeled off the protective layer, exposing the sticky. I added my die cut.... then dumped the glitter all over. I used my finger to burnish the glitter down.

I love how it looks finished... the die cut is embedded in the glitter. So much more interesting than just gluing the die cut to glitter paper. 
  •  Dies by Impression ObsessionDIE106-S Merry Tree
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Microfine Red Glitter by Elizabeth Crafts, Misc. White Ribbon, Scor-Pal Adhesive Sheets, Bow Easy Tool , Pierced Tag Die by MFT, EK Success Slot Punch, Perfect Layer Rulers

9 comments:

  1. Both are fantastic Jenny! Love the snowflake~Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tags, and I bet they will come in real handy about right now...Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! OH! OH! Your card and tag are spectacular! Thank you for sharing the techniques. I can't wait to try it with the IO snowflake dies I just purchased. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful Jenny! Love them both! Thanks for sharing your technique! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tags, the red looks like velvet. A vintage look with brightness....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had planned to make packets of Christmas gift tags to give to the family when we went home for Thanksgiving this year but it didnt get done - LOVE both of these tags, maybe if I start now I will get them done for next fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you separated this die. I never would have thought of that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete