Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Impression Obsession - Let it Snow!

New challenge for Impression Obsession begins today! 
The theme is let it snow! I'm in the south and am happy not to see to much of the white stuff down here... but I love IO's snowflake dies! So come on and join us for this challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog
JENNY GROPP - YOU ARE HERE!

 So... I had a happy accident while making this card. And I thought I'll share it with you. I was using wax paper with the die that had the ribbon loops through the edge... it came out with the wax paper attached and I kind liked the effect.... but how to glue it on? The result is below and I thought it would be neat on an all white snow card. It had a soft look but also looked slightly shiny and wet. 

The top layer and the bottom layer have wax paper adhered to the front. the middle loopy die is just plain paper. You can kind of see the pillowy shiny finish that the wax paper gives it.  

 This is how to do it easily! Tape the die to the wax paper. On the back side of the wax paper add small dabs of a wet glue that will dry clear. My preference is Crafter's Pick Ultimate Glue. After adding the glue, add your card stock on top and run it through the die machine. The pressure of the machine will press the wax paper - glue - card stock sandwich all together and you will have a finished piece to remove from the die.

Here you can see the base of my card - the panel with wax paper. Then next is plain card stock with the ribbon woven through it. I like to use a heavier weight paper so that my die cuts are strong. 

 Here's the last layers to the top of the card.  Again, the wax paper layer is shiny. I cut the snowflake three times and glued them in a stack so they would look more like an element and not just a paper die cut. This snowflake is from the Mitten Die Set.

 I used the same technique for the inside sentiment. I stamped, then layered the wax paper with glue and the die cut. 

 Here you can see the inside. I thought the wax paper was a neat look! I will do this again for sure on cards when I want a softer look. A few more smaller snowflakes to embellish. 

Here's the up close. I added a soft little flower embellishment in the center. When I took the pictures in my light tent the wax paper effect was LOST! So disappointed that it doesn't show you the true finish! 


12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, is this ever gorgeous!! nice tip on the wax paper adhesion, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white on white. What a beautiful, elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! it's so elegant! Thanks for sharing the happy accident, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! you almost fooled me .. no greenery or cats!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great tip! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jenny! Love the wax paper effect! I use wax paper with a lot of my dies, but take it off before mounting on a card.....never thought to leave it! I've even through out some cuts because I couldn't get the wax paper off! LOL! Silly me! Thanks for sharing! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe! Never thought to leave the wax paper on--ingenious! What a gorgeous card--love the ribbon & everything!

    ReplyDelete