Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

FTTC #252- Flourishes Shaker Style....


Our special guest host designer this week is Jessi Fogan and you can be inspired here on her blog One Crafty Mama. Jessi challenged us to make a shaker card. Here's a tutorial to get you started! 
You can find all the details on how to join in the challenge on the Flourishes blog. Hope you can find a little time to play along with us.
Check out what the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!
Jessi Foganour guest hostess this week

 Every time I make a shaker card, it's snow themed. I just can't seem to think past SNOW! So here it is my snow shaker card! I used the Handmade Snowflakes set to heat emboss the white snowflake in the center of the shaker. 

 I found some pretty white ribbon in my stash... if I colored just the back of it with the Copic, the white criss cross embellishment remained white. 

The sentiment is from the Star of Bethlehem set, and was the perfect thing for my snow card! I did use a pre-packaged shaker pouch instead of creating my own from scratch. I used Martha Stewart's Tinsel Glitter to fill the pouch. 
  • Stamps by Flourishes: SS253 Handmade Snowflakes, SS254 Star of Bethlehem
  • Ink: Versamark and White Detail Embossing Powder
  • Paper: Aqua, White
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, IO Circle Shaker Pouch and Die, Spellbinder's Grand Scalloped Squares #LF127, Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter #M111508, Nellie's Rectangle 3 Dies #MFD048, Nellie's Embossing Folder - Christmas Round #EFE003, Antique Grey Adhesive Crystals, Stitched Circle Dies by MFT, foam tape

12 comments:

  1. This is a beauty, Jenny! The cool aqua is perfect for a snowy card, and that tinsel glitter looks fab in the shaker! What a great idea to color the back of the ribbon! Girl, how do you come up with all these amazing ideas??? Happy New Year! ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy! This is amazing, Jenny! Love that you colored the back of your ribbon and left that lattice pattern white! All of your delicate details make this card a show stopper, for sure! Happy New Year to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card, love the colors, it feels soooooo chilly! How clever of you to color the back of that pretty ribbon, leaving the white criss cross detail. So Pretty! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because snow makes a perfect shaker! That's why! Why mess with perfection :) I love the tip on colouring the ribbon - that's awesome - and the shaped base & bling. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!
    Love how you colored your ribbon.
    I'm so going to try that.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Jenny! I love the shape and beautifully soft colors! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Love the ribbon you colored . happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo... a snowy beauty Jenny! I love your coloured ribbon tip - gotta try that myself one of these days! I love all the lacy details. Awesome shaker element to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jenny! Love the colors! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card & I love the effect you got with coloring the back of the ribbon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty! I love the colored ribbon to match and crisp look of the card. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again the ribbon was delightful and so fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete