Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

FTTC #251 Vellum Challenge




Our special guest host designer this week is Greta Hess and you can be inspired here on her blog GG Creations.
Greta challenged the team to use velum on our creations this week.
You can find all the details on how to join in the challenge on the Flourishes blog. Hope you can find a little time during the December rush to have a little stamp and ink time for yourself!
Check out what the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!
Greta Hess - our guest hostess this week

 I used the Snow Wonderful set today. I created an open window using the Keyhole Die Set. I heat embossed the cabin image using Versamark ink and White Detail Embossing Powder. I used a heavy weight vellum and took my time heating it up to prevent the vellum from curling. 

Here's the inside.... a little room to write a short message. I included leftovers from the papers I was using too. The finished card is just shy of an an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom. 



8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness--love the look of Snow Wonderful embossed in vellum! Never thought of doing that--fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the window you die cut, Jenny, and that scene is so pretty embossed on vellum with the red bg. Very cool looking on the inside, too, with the kraft personalization panel. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me Jenny! This is stunning! I love the colours you used - the red is vibrant and cheery! Love the treatment of your vellum as almost a window in your card front. Fabulous card details this week chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE very set I used to make my Christmas Cards this year!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the SNOWY SCENE you've created with the vellum & embossing !!!! JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find it amazing that you can heat emboss on vellum. Love your creation and the inside as well! Very Pretty! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scene - all frosty and wintry. I'm so partial to white embossing on vellum, and you have done it perfectly here. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful embossing.. and the white detail looks wonderful against the paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty, Jenny! I always love your cards, but honestly, the insides of your cards are always almost as pretty as the outside...lol! Love seeing how you decorate the insides too! Hope you had a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete