Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

FTTC #250 - inspired by a goal....





Our special guest host designer this week is Tricia Traxler and you can be inspired here on her blog Simply Stamping
Tricia had a unique take on our challenge this week. 
Here it is her words....
We all start to look forward at the end of the year and begin to make plans and goals and resolutions.  I would like everyone to make a card featuring a word or image that embodies one of their goals for the next year.  For example, they may choose the word "Hope" if they are struggling with a chronic illness, or a picture of flowers if they would like to do some gardening.  They could make a "Thank You" card, because they want to practice thankfulness, they could use a gingerbread cookie because they want to learn to cook, or they could make a Christmas card because they want to start on their Christmas shopping earlier next year.  There are so many things to choose from!!  They can be creative, but I would like them to tell why they chose the image or sentiment that they did. 
You can find all the details on how to join in the challenge on the Flourishes blog. Hope you can find a little time during the December rush to have a little stamp and ink time for yourself!

Check out what the DT created for you today!
Cheryl Lea
Deborah Anton
Jenny Gropp  -  you are here!
Tricia Traxler - our guest host


 Here in Atlanta we usually escape all the snow... which is FINE by me... but I keep seeing the snow stories on the news.... brrrrr! With all the winter weather this seemed like a good set to ink up today! When I was thinking about our challenge... I ended up choosing this image with the thought that a good goal for the coming year would be to be more adventurous. Now... that's not saying go skiing... but just to have a more open view to try new things. 

 Here are the Copics I used to color up this scene... a quick color for sure. I used BG10 to color the background, with soft upward strokes. I used the Viva Holographic Glitter Liner Pen for the snow. I added a few dabs to the skis and hat too.

Here's the inside... a quick sentiment cut out with an oval die. Using my Perfect Layer Rulers I added a 1/16" blue border mat to the white liner. Finished card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom. 

8 comments:

  1. oh, I love your card! That die cut is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goal!! My idea of adventure is using purple on a card... ; ) Great coloring and layout!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. THUD!!! That image is perfectly colored and I am loving all that glitz and sparkle, so fabulous! Go, go be more adventurous, great idea! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER JOB!!!! AND PERFECTLY DONE with your goal of being MORE ADVENTURESOME!!!:) Super sketch, coloring & GLITTER! :) BE SURE to let us know what ADVENTURESOME thing you get to do!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your color combo--wonderfully created card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your inspiration word Jenny! "Adventurous"... I too wish I could be more adventuresome in my life sometimes. I think nerves get the best of me some days. Your card this week is just simply gorgeous! Beautiful layering of your dies and trims. Wonderful creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful, Jenny! I LOVE the browns and blues you used together, and that holographic glitter pen looks amazing, especially with the sparkly thread, too. I'm so non-adventurous, I'm afraid to even say I want to be more adventurous (no need to tempt fate, right?), so your card seems all the more daring to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great goal and your card is perfect to echo that! Skiing would definitely be adventurous for me! Once again, you have knocked it outta the park, Jenny....and I am always drooling over your beautiful coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete