Hoping everybody had a Merry Merry Christmas!
Valentine papers, dies and stamps are covering my desk right now...so in the craft room Christmas is DEFINITELY over! Impression Obsession had a fantastic release of Valentines dies and stamps... as always! So I thought I'd give you a little sneak peek of what new stuff has been released! I did two little mini cards... each featuring the different cupid in the die set.
This little Cupid comes in a die set with two Cupids plus little die cut arrows! Way cute! I took the three hearts from the Heart Edger Die and added to my ribbon to embellish. The Love you is only a part of yet another die! You can see I die cut most things twice, in red and black. I glued the black behind the red layer giving it a little bit of a drop shadow. It really helped things stand out from the printed paper. Here's the up close. The cupid is popped up with Foam Tape for dimension. The Love You die cut is a portion of another new die, the Love You Heart. I used 1/8" silk ribbon to create a small but fluffy little bow embellishment.
The sentiment and heart stamp are both from the new clear set Valentine Hearts. Along the bottom edge I used the Mini Heart Row Die, which leaves the negative cut out hearts. The two red panels are glued together at the top, with a scored hinge on the back panel that allows it to open. I cut the white insert to fit right at the hinge... not adding bulk to the hinged top.
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: CL538 Clear Set-Valentine Hearts,
- Dies by Impression Obsession: DIE125-M Cupids, Die131-K Love You Heart, DIE132-D Double Heart Edger Die, DIE134-D Mini Heart Row Die
- Ink: Versafine Crimson Red, Versafine Onyx Black
- Paper: Authentique's 6x6 Collection - Smitten, Red Bazzill Peppermint Heavy Weight, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Black
- Other: Bow Easy Tool, 1/8" SIlk Ribbon by May Arts, Nellies DIes #MFD048 Rectangles 3, Foam Tape, Cheery Lynn E168 Expandable Quilling Strip DIe Cut