Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Timeless Tuesday Challenge #247 - Cause a Scene.... a winter scene!




Deborah is our hostess today... And she wants you to cause a scene! That's right, cause a scene but it must be a winter scene! Lots of options to make that happen from stamps to snowy embellishments or papers! Come on and join us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge for a chance to WIN. You can find all the details HERE on the Flourishes Blog.

Check out the chilly designs today from the Design Team!
I used Snow Scenes for my main image today. I love all of the silhouette stamp designs that Flourishes has come out with and this is no exception. It can certainly help make a quick card... simple stamping and a little airbrushing or sponging on some ink makes it pretty darn fast to finish an image. Of course you can still drag out the process when it comes to choosing dies and papers!!!

I stamped my snowman scene on Flourishes Classic White card stock using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Before removing the paper from the die cut, I airbrushed (after masking the snow portions) using the Copics shown. I also added a little piercing just around the upper half of the die. 

My Ribbon didn't quite match, so I altered it using a Copic to color one side the BG72 color.

Here's the up close. I added foam tape in between layers for dimension... of course I got a little button and bow worked in! Finished card is an A2 and it opens tent style. 

This is the inside and I added a sentiment from the small set Sentimental Christmas. A few little snowflake die cuts to embellish. All of my straight line layers are done with Perfect Layer Rulers.

10 comments:

  1. Jenny, this is gorgeous! I love that classy die cut, and how cool that you only pierced the top part of the image die cut. Wish I could get my piercing so uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Super cute silhouette. Love your textured snowflake background--Perfect! And all that piercing, yowza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jenny! I love all of the pretty blues against the white and all of the added texture. The little details like the piercing and the custom coloured bow add the perfect touch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to change the ribbon color with Copic marker! I never thought of that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card!! Great idea using copic marker to change color of ribbon!! I need to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Jenny! I love the die shape, your piercing detail and the beautiful colours! Makes me wanna enjoy a cuppa of cocoa for sure! Yummy card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful softness Jenny! I love blues and whites and this is no exception! Love all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree that I love the soft and pretty colors and your eye for detail..a gorgeous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sweet, simple design....the soft blues you used to shade around that darling image are perfect and your layout is wonderful! Beautiful card, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete