Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #23 - Get Scrappy!

Welcome to a new challenge with Serendipity Stamps! Today the challenge is all about using up scraps on your cards or projects. It could be ribbon scraps or paper scraps... be creative! I confess to not keeping a lot of scraps. If it is a part of a collection (pad of pattern paper) I will stick it back in the pad. Otherwise in the trash it goes. It gets too out of control. And I never went to get anything from my scrap bins because there never seemed to be enough of the color I needed. So I scrapped keeping scraps!

Of course you can play along with the Serendipity Team in this very easy challenge! You can find all the details on the Serendipity Challenge Blog
The new challenge brings a new sale as well...  free shipping on any US order over $10 through 11/13. Use this link to shop at the Serendipity Store.

Be sure and check out the DT's cards! 
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

I stepped out the coloring process today with my Copics. My Copics have been a bit neglected lately so i was thrilled to have a little down time to just relax and color. 
 For the scraps part of my card.. I just cut vertical strips of red and various pattern paper, glued them to a white panel. Then I used Spellbinder's Grand Labels 4 to cut out the front of the card base... leaving a nice clean edge along all my "scraps" the same die was used to cut the back panel to create the shaped card. You can see I inked the edges of all my panels too for a little more rustic feel.

 How pretty is this Holly Basket!!! The holly I colored with G99 and G94. The pine sprigs were the BG's also adding a little of the Y23 here and there. If there were areas I was unsure about what it was... I just colored it green. Don't get to fussy... it will all blend in just fine!

Next came the basket using the E50's. 

 I went ahead and cut it out. I added a little color around the outside of the image using Copic E50.... normally I would do this first. But it was an afterthought. I used the E20's on the pine cones and also the twigs sticking out of the basket. 

 After finishing the coloring, I added to the card front with layers and foam tape. I put a real bow over the bow in the image, so I just skipped coloring that part of the image. I added Ranger's Crackle Accents to the basket. I added a super thin coating spreading it out using a toothpick. You can see it wet here in the above picture. I also added the gold pearls using a Viva Gold Pearl Pen.

  Here the Crackle Accents has dried... it's no longer super shiny but the colors are definitely a little stronger and it has a subtle shine to it. 

On the inside I added another layer for a liner adding the pretty sentiment Peace on Earth. 
  • Serendipity Stamps: #528 Peace on Earth, #811L Holly Basket
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Red Metallic Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, DP by
  • Other: Gold Misc. Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Grand Labels Four, Foam Tape, Viva Gold Pearl Pen, Crackle Accents by Ranger, Copic Markers


13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card made from scraps! Cleverly done! Thanks for showing a bit of how you do your magical coloring with Copics. Visiting your blog is like taking a class in coloring and card making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, only you could make scraps look so elegant! Your coloring is incredible. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thanks for the great pictures and explanation of each step. You had better start saving those scraps again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jenny! I love your holly basket and perfect coloring. I know we were just talking about shaped cards so I'll definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jenny, I love the scraps you used up, and your colouring is flawless as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is drop the jaw gorgeous! Love the dimension you've given through your coloring, a beautiful image. I just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of paper scraps! So cute! Love your coloring! Thanks for sharing! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and what awesome coloring. Thanks for the tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Love the shaped card you made and fabulous coloring as always!! Ahh... I have this problem with saving all the scraps that go with pads I've bought and loved... just don't want to give them up but, they collect and collect.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolute gorgeous basket! I am hoping I have this one in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Need you to come to my house and teach me the coloring....gorgeous!! Another fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn... Sorry...but, YOU can color up a storm!! This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! Love your coloring and how you created your card!

    ReplyDelete