Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Prickley Pear's Presents and Holly

Today I've got a guest feature post for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! If you are not familiar with PPRS, I urge you to check out their newly formatted and easy to shop website!
and lots of inspiration can be found on their blog as well! 

 Today I chose one of the newer Holiday images to color up. This is Item #GG0177 Presents with Holly. I decided to step out the coloring process for you. I love using Copics and I love sharing them!! I used a MFT Die for my card base and layers... also hand cutting some smaller layers in between. 

 I the background I added BG0000, heavier in some places. I added just a tiny bit of BV0000 underneath for shadows.

 Here are the colors for the holly and Silver Present. You'll see a few holly leaves I missed coloring and had to go back and fill in!

 And the dreaded reds.... Some of the hardest colors for people to work with.

 I was going for a gold look on the last ribbon. A bit too yellow for me in the end.

 When it came to the little holly berries... I used a toothpick to apply small dots where I wanted them. I just squeezed a blob out from my pearl pen to keep dipping in to. This way they will dry with a little dimension instead of flat color. 

 Here's the inside, finished off with left over papers and a sentiment from the Flourished Oval 3 Clear Set
In the end I added some foam tape to give dimension between the layers. I could not (of course) resist the bow and ribbon. 

6 comments:

  1. WOW. The reds are so impressive. You are amazing. Really pretty. Thanks for the inspiration - can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo appreciate the way you show how to color with Copics! I learn so much. It really helps when you place the caps the way you do. It also shows me how to choose colors. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for the excellent way you present the pictures and explain what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is really a gorgeous card! I love the shape of the card! Your coloring is fantastic! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete