Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays #246 - Get Sketchy!


This week we have a sketch challenge from Allison to get the juices flowing for this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge. Easy enough! It certainly takes all the guess work out of it when you have a layout to start with. Check out all the rules of how to enter and play along on the Flourishes Blog. You can choose either sketch up above to enter the challenge.

Be sure and check out what the Design Team came up with this week:
Connie MacFarlane, our November guest designer


I grabbed the new Star of Bethlehem set to ink up for my card today. Some Copics, pretty paper, foam tape, ribbon and the sketch made it easy work! I might have made some very slight alterations from the sketch. But I did petty good following the layout! 

I stepped out the coloring briefly. I added the BG11 and BG10 and BV00 in the background and I used the Copic Fur Technique to dab some color away, leaving a slightly mottled background. I also colored on Curious Cryogen White paper today.... it has that subtle but lovely sparkle in the paper. Perfect extra touch for a holiday card! You can see I used the g20's for my leaves. 

Here are the colors I ended up with on the flowers, leaving most of them just plain white. Pretty quick and easy. I used the 0 Blender at the end, blotting the edges of the yellows so that I don;t have any hard edges. 

Here's the inside. I'm loving this strong but pretty sentiment, for the same set as the flowers. I'll be using it over and over. I stamped this on the Curious Cryogen paper too, using Versafine Black.

Here's the up close. You can see I snuck the bow in there at the bottom. Layers of foam tape add dimension. I also had that wood laser cut wooden flourish embellishment in my stash and thought that worked nicely under the corner. I did manage to not use any Nesties, always shocking! I used my Perfect Layer Rulers to create the 1/16" Border Mats on the panels. Finished card is an A2 size and opens tent style at the bottom. 

  • Stamps by Flourishes: Star of Bethlehem Set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Bazzill Heavyweight Dark Grey, Curious Cryogen 89# White, Echo Park's 6x6 Christmas Reflections
  • Other: May Arts Wrinkle Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Misc. Button, Ultimate Glue, Kaisercraft Wooden Embellishment, Copics, Perfect Layer Rulers

10 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jenny! Your beautifully coloured image goes perfectly with your designer papers. The little wood embellishment, ribbon and button add the perfect touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo... it's stunning Jenny! I love the soft colouring of your Star of Bethlehem flowers! So soft and pretty! Awesome job on the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wood element is just awesome and the coloring technique adds such beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GASP!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that little pieces of wood in the corner!!!!!!!!:) GORGEOUS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh, Jenny, this is gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, as always, and what a cool look you got on the bg with the fur technique. That wood embellie is fantastic, and I really like all the popped up layers and that pretty bow. It makes the card look like a beautiful gift (which it would be for whoever is lucky enough to receive it!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love the sparkle of the paper you colored on. I will have to look that up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! I love that that set is soooooo versatile. Fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty, Jenny! Your coloring is fabulous as usual!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Jenny! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete