Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #245 - Negative Energy






The lovely Cheryl is our hostess today! She's a Georgia girl too and we actually met up with some other creative bloggers for a great lunch in Roswell today! Too Fun! Of course being the last minute girl that I am, right after lunch I had to get home to start on my card! 

Cheryl's challenge was to use a negative piece from a die cut. I cut out some negative pieces from circle dies to use behind the boot. Of course you can always play along with the Flourishes TImeless Tuesday Challenges! Check out all the rules of how to enter and play along on the Flourishes Blog

Be sure and check out what the Design Team came up with this week:

Connie MacFarlane, our November guest designer

I used a Sizzix Flip-Its Set to create my card base. Here's the front side of the card with the center piece in mid flip. I used the boot from the Dear Santa set as my main focal point. 

 The sentiment on the flip side is from the Meet me under the Mistletoe set. I added a few red photo corners and a little crystal in each corner. 

 Here's the boot up close and the Copic Markers I used to color it.  It's a pretty fast color. I did fussy cut it out, leaving a little white border around the edge. 

After adding the boot I added a few sparkly embellishments.... a little holographic glitter on the boot cuff with a Viva Glitter Liner. I also added a little clear gloss to the boot buckle and the candy cane. I did cut the card base down slightly from the original size the die cut. Finished card size is 4.75" Square. 

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the flip action and the boot is colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, that is so cute!! Isn't that flip it die just awesome? Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flip card is so cute Jenny! Love the paper you used and the negative die circles you used to highlight your beautifully coloured focal image. Great touches of shine on the boot cuff, buckle and candy cane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I have not seen the flip it die....sounds like another thing to put on the list! This card is simply adorable, Jenny! Love your coloring, fun papers, and sparkly details! I sure hate I missed the get together yesterday...I heard ya'll had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the coolest interactive card ever!!! So need that spectacular die. Love all the dies you used and created all the layers! Beautiful card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that boot and your coloring, great fold card too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny this is so cute! I love the design of the card and that boot is gorgeous! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flip card is way cool You did an awesome job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, you absolutely amaze me! You just ran home and whipped up this gorgeously detailed card in no time! It was so fun to meet everyone at the shop! Thanks again for the invite!!! :)

    ReplyDelete