Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

A Perfectly Odd Hop!



WELCOME to A Perfectly Odd Hop!  Perfect Paper Crafting has partnered up with the ladies from Some Odd Girl to bring you something fun and different! 
We had the pleasure of meeting some of the Odd Girls at CHA in Vegas, and a collaborative event was an absolute NO-BRAINER!  Would the Odd Girls like to try out some fun tools?  Heck yes!  Does the Perfect Paper Crafting team want to play with some cute stamps?  Sure thing!  And it's a match made in heaven... Today, both teams come together to bring you a fabulously inspiring BLOG HOP that will run through Sunday, November 17th.  There are 16 stops along the way including the main blogs, and PLENTY of inspiration for you to enjoy, so we hope you have as much fun as we've all had in this little partnership! If you're not already familiar with Some Odd Girl, you are in for a TREAT!  They offer clear and digital stamps, cut files and new accessories, and they are cute and quirky to boot!  Once you see their unique style, you’ll always be able to spot them!  You should have arrived from Kristy Dalman's blog, but in case you get lost or distracted along the way, here's the hop order: 

Jenny Gropp - You are here!

Be sure to comment at EVERY stop and you'll be eligible to win one of TWO prize packs that include one Perfect Paper Crafting tool and one Some Odd Girl stamp set of your choice! And for additional inspiration, visit the Some Odd Girl blog all week to see how the Odd Girls combined their stamps with our Perfect Paper Crafting tools!  You might even see some guest appearances from some of our talented team!  You have until Sunday at midnight EST to leave your comments, and Some Odd Girl and Perfect Paper Crafting will each draw one winner, to be announced on Monday, November 18th.  Have a Perfectly Odd day, and good luck!

Now on to my projects!
I chose to play with the set Sweet and Salty from Some Odd Girl. 
The set was packed with cute food images,
 perfect for party invites or little tags on treat bags!

PROJECT 1
I'll confess right off I was having a few sweet and salty cravings while coloring these!!! I used the doughnut to make a little tag to stick on a box of Dunkin's finest for a surprise one morning!

 I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110# paper. I used Spellbinder's Postage Stamps Nesties to cut it out. I airbrushed using E43 before removing it from the die. I also added a little pierced dot in each corner of the die cut. 


 After removing it from the die cut I used the above markers to color it. I have to say the R80's are my most used and favorite pinks.

 I used lots of layers for sure. The pink tag is from My Favorite Things Pierced Tags Stax. Everything s is layers built with my Perfect Layer Rulers of course! I sprinkled my tag liberally with some girly pink crystals! On the doughnut I used a Viva Holographic Glitter Liner to add the sparkle. The Pink paper is from Bo Bunny's Double Dot Collection. 


PROJECT 2

Ohhhh.... these are my colors! And, I if I had to choose I'd pick a salty treat over a sweet one too! I made a little mini card that would be perfect to go along with a little treat bag of gourmet pretzels. I used Spellbinder's Postage Stamp Nesties again to cut the Aqua Got paper (Bo Bunny). Again losta fun layers added quickly and easily using my Perfect Layer Rulers.

 Here are the Pretzel Copics I used. 

 Here's the up close (above) and the inside(below). Remember - if you are adding layers on the front of your card, you should add them on the inside too. Not only does it look better and more finished, it gives your card a more balanced feel between the front and back!


Again, here's the hop order: 
HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK!

Jenny Gropp - You are here!

36 comments:

  1. What cute creations!!! I love the postage stamp look on both! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable...and perfect to go with yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE both your tag and the card. Great job. Your coloring is fab too!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both! Thanks for showing the piercing with the Spellbinders die -- what a great idea. Now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both! Thanks for showing the piercing with the Spellbinders die -- what a great idea. Now I'm hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious enough to eat ;) Love what you did for both but especially the colors you used for the pretzel one. That aqua color looks terrific with the brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tag and card. They make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Gorgeous projects!! Looove your coloring, your designs, ....
    It was fun visiting your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag and card. Such cute images and so beautifully done! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creations. Love the design. Those layers are perfect. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...now I'm hungry!! ;) Love the color combo on both cards and the finished inside adds a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM!!!!! What delicious creations!!! I LOVE them both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! A donut never looked prettier in pink! Beautiful coloring, Jenny. I'm with you though, I'll take the salty...and this pretzel looks good enough to make me want one! Fun stamps and less calories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous- I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them both great card and tag
    Loriann

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the blog hop , projects are so fun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great and fun projects!!! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny, your tag and card are amazing. You made me hungrier. Growwwwwl (sorry that was my stomach) Love all your layers. It would be great to have a set of those rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now you made me hungry for those lol. Love how you used the postage die and the perfect rulers for your fab creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects, fantastic colouring. I love these stamps, especially the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable tag and card! I love how you used your nestability in the first tag...very creative! Thank you for sharing and your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What delicious creations! (now I'm hungry!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You made some super tasty cards here!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty projects. I love your colouring skills. :D And that pretzel looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ha ha love the pretzel saying and card

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute - love the doughnut and the pretzel.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Feeling really hungry now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous tag and card, loved the layered inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your coloring is well done and I like how you layered your tags!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Second time trying to comment. Love your tags and the layering. Coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both of your tags look good enough to eat! Love the layers and design of both!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh so many layers and so many more ideas. Love both of your projects. And your colouring is out of this world.

    ReplyDelete