Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Timeless Tuesday #241 - Pearls and Lace




It's Tuesday, which means it's time for a Flourishes card! 
Of course you can play along, just pop over to the Flourishes Blog and check out the details on how to play along! This week our hostess is Cheryl Lea and her challenge definitely lends itself to some girlie creations. It's about using Pearls and Lace on your card or project. I didn't get too girlie with my card, but I have a feeling some of the other ladies might have! Check out how they dolled up their projects:

Jenny Gropp - you are here!
Angel Rivera, our October guest designer

The Call Me set, called to me! It's a great little set for an anytime card! Where's the lace and pearls... not obvious, but they are there. I tucked some lace around the edge of the circle and it's just peeking out! The pearls are along the bottom of the scalloped edges. 

Of course I colored up the phone with Copics. Wonder if my nephews (elementary school aged) would even know what this image is! LOL! My card opens at the bottom, tent style. Finished card is an A2. Some foam tape in between layers to add dimension. On the little flowers I added a white center with the Faber Castell Stampers Big White pen... which really works beautifully for white areas! 
  • Stamps: Call Me by Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine onyx Black
  • Paper: Blue is Bo Bunny, Floral is by Jillibean Soup, Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock
  • Other: Misc. Lace, Blue Ribbon by May Arts, Foam Tape, Copics, Spellbinder's Circle Nesties and Teardrop Circle Nesties, Faber Castell Stampers Big White Pen, Bow Easy Tool

7 comments:

  1. How pretty, Jenny! I love the scalloped borders and rounded corners, and your coloring on the phone is fantastic. Black is so hard for me to do well. I got a kick out of the comment about your nephews. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this yummy color combo!! What a sweet card with the perfect touches of lace and pearls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Call Me image and you are right, most kiddo's have never seen this phone other than at an antique store! Love the way you've colored the image and the background papers and die cuts you've popped it up on. Sweet pearls and lace and a beautifully tied bow to "tie" it all together. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your lace playing peekaboo from behind your beautiful image, Jenny! What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally lovin' the way you used your lace Jenny! So pretty! I love how it frames your focal image! Gorgeous card this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and sweet card Jenny! I love the peeking of the lace and soft blues of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the image Jenny! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete