Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Serendipity Stamps - Totally Wicked!





A brand new die was just released from Serendipity Stamps. And I think the entire team had a little input about his features.  It was nice to be able to watch the design evolve as everyone put in ideas! He's been given a few nicknames... Hooty, Dr. Who, Hoot Hoot! We've had fun with this one! He's being unveiled today with a blog hop! 


So be sure and hop around and check out the ideas the team came up with! I know Miriam has a tutorial up on her blog too about how she has used it! Here are your links! Of course there is a gift certificate up for grabs too for a random commenter. Last day to comment is October 20th. The winner will be announced on the Serendipity Blog on October 21st. 

Blog Hop Order :
Jenny Gropp - you are here!

On to the card.... 
 When I started to make my card, I kept thinking about the owl page in the Graphic 45 Steampunk Spell's Collection. So that was my inspiration point and I just kind of went with it! My owl paper is from the 8x8 pad. I tried to make my owl with the same colors in the paper. I die cut it out of black card stock first. Then I adhered it to the yellow paper and fit the die back over the black cut out, running the 2 papers through my machine embossing it only. This caused the yellow areas to puff out through the black cuts. I hand cut around the edge. I used a chestnut roan cat's eye to ink up the edges of the owl and all my papers. I cut out the the totally wicked sentiment from a 12x12 sheet of Steampunk Spells. AND check out his eyes.... I had these very cool adhesive eyeballs (go figure!) in my stash.... matched up perfect!

Since the paper had the "totally wicked" sentiment in it that led to me pulling out this wicked stamp from my stash! I thought it was a great pairing of paper, die and stamp! The base of the card is 4 1/4" square, so this will still fit in to an A2 envelope with no problem.  


  • Stamps and Dies by Serendipity Stamps: Owl Die #1290ED, Have a Wicked Good Day #1228D
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Chestnut Roan Cats Eye
  • Paper: Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Collection 8x8, 12x12 and 6x6 paper pads, Black
  • Other: Black Seam Binding Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Perfect Layer Rulers, Foam Tape, Misc Adhesive Eyeballs - lol!, Button

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love his eyes and the wonderful background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, as always! Love the embossing, really shows him off. Those eyeballs are the perfect match,"Totally Wicked"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks fabulous, Jenny! Love the owl paper and puffy feathers. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, I love the beautiful papers, and the brilliant sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every element of this card is AMAZING. I would love to have this card...really I want it!!! You did an awesome job to make everything pop. I give you five stars *****.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh How COOL! Love his eyes and the perfect colors and papers Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh he's magnificient. Love the backing paper and your big owl is just tremendous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how wickedly handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous owl! So beautiful! And, love the owl paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful combination of paper and Mr. Who!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful combination of paper and Mr. Who!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one regal owl. So stately and proud. Love your take on this die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my word.... the BG paper is perfect and love this distressed owl with those eyes!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...your owl looks so real with those colors, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pretty fall colors! Great owl die!

    ReplyDelete