Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Impression Obsession - Favorite Technique Challenge

The new IO Challenge begins today! 
And all you have to do is grab an image or two and make something with your favorite technique. So come on and join us for this fun and easy challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Here's the links to check out the DT's favorite technique designs for today!

Daniela @ For the First TIme
Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal

 Favorite technique... of course it's gonna be Copics! And I also went went with a favorite image which is anything with a kitty cat! This cute little kitty stamp was released this summer and I had to add it to my collection! 
 Here are the Copics I used for the image. I stamped the cat with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then cut it out using Spellbinder's Nobel Rectangles. I airbrushed with B12 and W4 while the image was still in the die. I also forgot to color in the butterfly in this picture... so I grabbed an orange marker and filled in. 
Here's the up close... under the main image I used foam tape to pop it up. I curved the sentiment and popped it up too. Fun little image for sure! 

  • Stamps by Impression Obsession: D7725 Cat with Butterfly, CL310 Clear Set Life
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP is Authentique 6x6 Splendid Collection, Brown, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • OtherSpellbinder's Nobel Rectangles, Bow Easy Tool, Copics/ABS, Misc. Ribbon, Dimensional SIlicone- under sentiment, Foam Tape, Corner Chomper 1/4" on the sentiment corners

8 comments:

  1. aah! So sweet and so you! Love the kitty image. The colors and dies together are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try airbrushing, love the effect. Your kitty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the frame! Great coloring technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling image of your cat. And your coloring speaks love and softness. With different textures, and colors complimenting. Just a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is a stunner. Must go grab another cup of coffee so I can take my time to stare some more! I love everything about this card, esp. how you used the DP behind the Die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorites - kitties and butterflies! Love the frame and the theme. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew your favourite just had to be Copic colouring! Whenever I want ideas for colours to get and use together, your blog is where I go!

    ReplyDelete