I'm the hostess for this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge! It's all about fussy cutting today. If you are not familiar with the term, it simply means picking up those scissors and cutting closely around and image. If you have a Silhouette or electric die cutting machine, then fussy cutting is made even easier by using the cut files from Flourishes that match up to the beautiful Flourishes stamp images. I hope you can play along this week! Find all the details of how to play along on the Flourishes Blog!
Be sure and check out the fussy cut creations from the Design Team!
- Allison Cope
- Broni Holcombe
- Cheryl Lea
- Denise Marzec
- Jenny Gropp -that's me!
- Judy Rozema
- Katie Sims
- Angel Rivera, our October guest designer
I used the WIth Gratitude Set today for my card. And I used the coordinating Silhouette File to cut out my image. After cutting it out using Flourishes Ivory Classic Card Stock, I stamped the flowers using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I used the Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Die Set to frame the flowers. I hand cut a few extra layers to match up with the die frame. My flowers are of course colored with Copic Markers! I added fom tape to pop up a few of the layers for dimension.
On the inside I added the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black.
- Stamps by Flourishes: WIth Gratitude Set, Silhouette File
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
- Paper: Flourishes Ivory Classic Card Stock, Bo Bunny Autumn Song 12x12 Collection, Brown
- Other: Copic Markers, Jute String, Bow Easy Tool, Spellbinder's Lattice Rectangles, Foam Tape, Flourishes Perfectly Pierced Hourglass Die Set