Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #242 - Canvas or Burlap


Deborah issued our challenge this week.... she asked us for something simple - just to incorporate some burlap or canvas on to our card. What wasn't too simple was trying to hunt either one down in my craft room, knowing I have both! So I finally had to make do with just adding some canvas ribbon to my card. 

Check out what the other Timeless Tuesday ladies have created for your inspiration here:



I wanted to ink up this pretty image from the new Star of Bethlehem set that was just released. It would be a great choice for making multiple Christmas cards too, while you get to show off a little coloring, it's certainly not a difficult or lengthy color job. I finally broke open this beautiful Spellbinder's Die Set, Gold Majesty Circles. Sooo pretty! I'm in love with this die!!

 I wanted to have a small layer around the die. I cut the same die out of green paper and cut it in half. 

 I glued the green layers to the back of the ivory die and just let them layer slightly at the edge. I wanted a little more of a layer under the circle, so I just cut a larger circle to use behind the die. 

 On to the coloring... I added a little glow around the image. I stamped on Flourishes Ivory Card Stock using Memento Espresso Truffle Ink.... not quite as dark as using black. 

 I mixed the greens up a little using BG and YG, then removing some of the darker green areas with the BG0000. 

 Here are the final colors that I used for the flowers. 

A simple finished inside using the Merry Christmas from the same stamp set. The square base is 4 1/2" and opens tent style at the bottom edge. 

8 comments:

  1. That die is to....well, die for! I love what you did with it and how you colored the image so subtly. Magnificent job and so inspirational. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Jenny, this is STUNNING! Beautiful coloring, and that die cut is gorgeous! Love the plaid dp, too--especially the circle layer behind the image. Your work consistently blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Jenny! Love how the plaid and gorgeous die cut provide the perfect backdrop for your beautifully coloured image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, beautiful!!! And yet another pretty die to add to my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny this is so cute! Thanks for sharing the tip on getting the "shadow" behind the die! Love it! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Jenny! Especially with the dark green peeking out from behind the ivory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Super GORGEOUS!!! I love how you "framed the die with the darker pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOAAAA...this is GORGEOUS!!!! I am loving that die and your beautiful coloring makes that image sing! Anyone would LOVE to find this in their mailbox for the holidays....hint, hint.. :) Awesome card, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete