Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Timeless Tuesday #237 - Make an Impression

Holiday Topiaries

Welcome to Day 2 of our fabulous September release week! Today both of our Friends of Flourishes Team and our Design Team will be showcasing a wonderful new stamp set created by our beloved artist Marcella Hawley. Marcella has packed this beautiful 4x6 stamp set called "Holiday Topiaries" with an array of beautiful holiday decorated greenery and 3 seasonal sentiments to match their holiday vibe. This sweet holiday stamp set will surely make an appearance on your homemade cards, handmade gifts, tags and more this season! 

Mystery-Blogger-Graphic

Don't forget...  Hidden among the Design Team’s blogs today is our Mystery Blogger of the day. Comment on her blog and you could be chosen to win today’s set! The more you comment, the better your chances, so comment away!




DO YOU WANT TO WIN OUR ENTIRE RELEASE?

If you would like a chance at winning all five of our soon-to-be released September sets…
  • You can play in our Get in Shape Challenge – we will have multiple winners there! Deadline for entries is FRIDAY September 13th at 5 PM EST. Check out the link for the official rules!
  • All five of our September sets can be pre-ordered now, even before you see them all! Take advantage our New Release Bundle and get 10% off when you purchase all five sets together in a bundle. This discount will be available for only 1 week following the release.
  • All sets will be live first thing Friday morning along with the coordinating cut files for this release.
  • Come back to the Flourishes Blog Saturday for the Winner’s Circle where we’ll announce all of our winners of this weeks’ challenges!
Our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week is from Katie...
"Make a Good Impression" - Incorporate dry embossing somewhere on your card or project. It could be an embossing folder, stencils, or even a household item for your embossing....just make sure you "Make a Good Impression"! (FTTC237)

I love new release week! Happy to share a card made with the new Holiday Topiaries with you today! What an easy challenge for you to play along with us too! I used an embossing folder in the background with a basket weave pattern. And I also used a nestie to emboss only. 

I cut out the the outside layer nestie first, then I added the inside nestie and embossed only. I used a heavy weight card stock so that when embossing only it would not cut through.

Here are my Copics for the card. Pretty sweet and simple today! I airbrushed a bit while the nestie was still in the die. I also added the piercing detail by hand, using the edge of the nestie as a guide. 

After putting things together I added a little Glossy Accents to the red berries. I added Crackle Accents to the planter. 

Here's the inside. I added the sentiment stamped in red, it's also in the new Holiday Topiaries Set! The finished card is an A2 and opens tent style at the bottom. 

32 comments:

  1. I knew your card today would be gorgeous, Jenny! I LOVE the basketweave embossed layer, and how creative to think to use a die for embossing, too. Next time I'm in the shop, I need to pick up some of that Crackle Accents--it looks amazing! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you embossed this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty. card. Love all the embossing work. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card. I love the soft BG airbrushing it really enhances the red and green of the cute topiary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Jenny! Love the embossed background and the candy cane striped bow sets of this great new image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jen! I think I need this die :) !!! ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Love that striped ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, love the DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Love the embossing. The coloring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!Beautiful card!!!Awesome coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card...love the dies and embossing ...so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been going to try using embossing only with the nestied.I have been going crazy trying to get designs to cut through & they dont.Then I read your & it may make me less crazy LOL! Tks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely!
    I really like how bright and cheerful this card is!! Thank you so much for showing how you did the mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny:
    Well, you've sold me on this new set. Great job! I MUST have the die-cuts as well. Thanks for taking part in this blog hop, and for being SO inspiring. Have a great week!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cheerful and so perfect for the holidays. This set is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card...love how you embossed the red mat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty layers and I like the striped bow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this card. Great attention to detail as always. I especially like the crackle on the planter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card! The die cut panel is lovely! Great coloring and pretty striped ribbon! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the embossing on the die. It is so stunning Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how beautiful! Love all those layers of embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Jenny! I love your work! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, thanks for joining the hop.
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Jenny! This is divine! I am always in awe of your talent for layering your cards and the embossing is a gorgeous touch to this beauty. Great use of the challenge and your tree just sings "happy holidays"!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card! Love that embossing and die cut frame added!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card, Jenny, and I just love all your embossing, especially the nestie embossing only! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jenny, this is so beautiful and the fancy detail on the layer is so pretty for the image! Cute paper and ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so stunning!!! I love the dies you chose to frame your gorgeously colored image. And your embossing folder adds the perfect bit of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun & Festive, great choice of ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful Jenny! Love the embossed only look with that nestie! Always beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete