Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SSCB #20 - Watercolored Pumpkin


Serendipity Stamps Challenge #20 WATERCOLOR!  
Grab a favorite Serendipity Stamp image and watercolor it!   You must include at least one Serendipity Stamps image (Stamp or Die) on your project to enter the challenge and play along with the team. Check out the Serendipity Challenge Blog for all the details of how to join along in the challenge. There's always a gift certificate up for grabs with  each new challenge!
Here's the special if you find you "need" a stamp you see from the DT!

 The team created some really great cards this week,
 hop along and check them out! 
Karen
Vickie 
Anya 
Jeanne
Jenny - you are here!
Miriam
Marybeth


 WHAT....No Copics??? .... was the scream you heard if you live in Atlanta! I put aside my beloved Copics for this CAS card. Honestly, the only time I color with something else is when I have to for a particular challenge! And boy... my watercoloring skills sure show how out of practice I am!!! Yikes. I kept the image and design super simple today.
I heat embossed the image using Versafine Onyx Black and Clear EP on Fabriano Watercolor paper.
I dusted off my Derwent Inktense Colored Pencils to color. As the name suggests these pencils are a little more vibrant than my Watercolor Faber Castell Pencils. Also Derwent Inktense can be used with water or Gamsol. I don't usually like working with a Water Brush, preferring to just dip a fine paintbrush in to water.... Gives me more more control over how much water I am adding. 

 I heat embossed Autumn on the inside.

The leaves are shiny! I added Viva Clear Glass Pen to the top of the leaves.... in an attempt to disguise the lackluster coloring! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet stitched pumplin Jenny, I love the black bow and check papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are the Copic queen ! Love your watercolor pumpkin.that is my. Rey favorite SSS. Beautiful card Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with your watercolor skills Jenny, they look pretty great to me! Your work is always beautiful, Copics or not. This is a fun Autumn card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful pumpkin, Jenny! Your watercoloring looks just fabulous to me. Great colors and coordinating papers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete