Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Impression Obsession - Spooky Owl!

Happy Thursday... the weekend is almost here! Today the new Impression Obsession CHallenge starts. Our theme is to use "Something that Flies" it can be dies, stamps... whatever! So come on and join us for this fun and easy challenge and a chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to shop for some new rubber from IO. Find all the details on how to play along on the Impression Obsession Blog

Here's the links to check out the DT's flying designs for today!

Jeanne @ Inky Paws
Jenny @ One Krafty Kat - you are here!
Kittie @ Kittie Kraft 
Laura @ Laura's Stamp Art Journal
Vicki @ Summerthyme Studio

 I started with the Owl Tree image as my "flying" part of the challenge. The background in the image was so dark... it made me think of Halloween, so that's the direction I took. 

 I cut the owl out using a circle nestie and sized to fit behind the Circle Frame Die. I airbrushed a little W5 around the edge. I also colored all other leaves and branches with the W1... leaving the owl only white.

 The Owl and Sleepy Hollow are popped up with foam tape for dimension. I really tried to NOT put a bow on it... but I caved. It just looked naked with out a bit of ribbon! I ragged the black seam binding to fit more in to the Halloween theme. I added a little glossy accents to the owls for a little extra shine.

Here's the inside with the branches stamped down the side. And I snuck a little black cat in the mix... every Halloween card needs a little black kitty. 

9 comments:

  1. Love the neutral tones! Fabulous inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one really intensely Halloween owl!! I love every inch of it!! A really fun card, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monochrome color scheme and the owl is funny and spooky at the same time. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful neutral colours and that owl is gorgeous! greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a PERFECT Halloween card for an adult. The monochromatic colour scheme and that intense owl is really great, and I love the way you finished the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. Your Sleepy Hallow sentiment really adds a nice touch. Love that owl stamp. The inside of the card is such a delight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Halloween card! Love it! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this I another beautiful creation...LOVE it...LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete