Welcome to DAY THREE of the Die Blog Hop with Impression Obsession!
IO had an absolutely amazing release of new dies this summer!
So hop along and feast you eyes on some seriously creative ideas with dies!
Here are the guidelines for the participants:
Starting today through Thursday, September 5:
- The hop will start on the IO Blog each day.
- Comment on each participating blog, including IO Blog, for that day.
- The deadline for comments for each day will be 10 p.m. EST.
- There will be a drawing on each day for 3 Dies or Die Sets of the winner's choice.
- The winner for each day will be announced in the next day's post on the Impression Obsession Blog.
- ALSO TODAY our challenge begins as well for you guys to play along! ALl the details on the IO Blog!
It's always a different approach for me when I try to focus on dies. My first love is coloring with Copics and so I'm usually looking for the image and then building my card off of that. It's a push outside of the box for me to use die cuts as the focus rather than the accents and embellishments. It's good to step outside of the box. While I know I will mostly keep coloring my main focus and keep integrating dies with that.... I've really enjoyed changing it up a bit the past few days!
So, I went with the Wheat Die and Grass Die today! I think this would make a great Thanksgiving or fall card. Especially if you were making multiples... it goes pretty quickly when you don't spend an hour coloring!! I must remember that!!
I cut the wheat out of two brown papers. I added a little brown edging using a Chestnut Roan Cat's Eye ink pad. Behind the wheat I added some pieces from the long Grass die. The circle frame I popped up with a bit of foam tape for dimension.
Here's the inside... I added my leftovers! The card is an A2 and opens at the bottom, tent style.
Thanks so much for the awesome comments everyone has been leaving! I hope the hop has given you some fun ideas and inspiration for creating with the new IO Dies!
- Stamps by Impression Obsession: CL286 Count Your Blessings
- Dies by Impression Obsession: DIE038-J Grass, DIE085-X Wheat, DIE001-Z Circle Shaker Frame Die
- Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia Brown
- Paper: Kraft, Light Brown, Neenah CLassic Crest Natural White (ivory), DP by Authentique
- Other: Seam Binding Ribbon, Bow Easy Tool, Foam Tape, Perfect Layer Rulers, Chestnut Roan Cat's Eye Ink Pad, Button