Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

FTTC #236 Double up with Ribbon!


Welcome to a new post for Flourishes! Today I'm the host for the challenge. WHat's the theme.... its about ribbon! Doubling it to be exact! I am totally a ribbon addict... it's hard for me to make a card that isn't topped off with a bow! So the challenge is to use TWO kinds of ribbon on your project! Be sure and play along with us this week, you can find all the details of how to enter the challenge on the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Blog.
Check out what ribboned projects the Timeless Tuesday ladies have created for your inspiration today:

Jenny Gropp - you are here!
Kathy Roney, our September guest designer


 These are totally my colors! I love the warm rich colors of fall. I stamped the sunflowers on Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black. 

 I colored 2 sunflowers using the pictured Copic Markers. 




The bottom sunflower, I cut in half and stretched it out a bit.... giving the illusion of a slightly larger flower and adding to the layered look. I used foam tape in between layers to add dimension.  

I added a small sunflower on the inside as well.



9 comments:

  1. Oooo, Jenny, this is so pretty! I love the warm, fall colors, and the way you enlarged the flower. Pretty die cut, too. Loved your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and frames with the sunflower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenny! I LOVE this card! You always amaze and surprise me, and I love how you've used this delightful sunflower...love how you widened the lower layer, added another layer and topped with a button and bow! Brilliant and a gorgeous result! I love it and just pinned it! (One day I may get the courage...so thanks for the inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Jenny! I love your coloring and colors and how you layered the sunflower! Awesome! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Jenny! That technique is great and made that sunflower pop! The colors you chose are perfect and this was such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunflowers are my favorite flower and you've showcased this one beautifully!! Love the creative layering!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy sunflower! This is over the top gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good golly Jenny! Not only is your challenge a fabulous one this week but I am in LOVE with your stunning example. Every time I look at it, I see some other little detail in your beautiful layered card. Incredible creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome challenge this week and your card is beautiful! I always love to see what you come up with each week...your layouts and die combinations are fabulous...not to mention your gorgeous coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete