Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays #239 - Do it with DOTS!


Welcome to a new FTTC post for Flourishes! 
Allison is our hostess for today and she has a really different kind of challenge for you!  
Create a card using dots to colour your back ground and/or image. Not sure what that means? Here are some links to check out some ideas.... 

Click here to see an example!
Notice how the the ground is made of dots?

Click here to see an example!
See how the leafy tree is colored?

See what the Timeless Tuesday ladies have created for your inspiration today:
Jenny Gropp - you are here!
Kathy Roneyour September guest designer

 I've always loved this set, Doves and Holly, it's so pretty!
I stepped out the coloring process with the markers in the pictures below.

 I used the out of the box technique with a circle die, letting a few bits of the image remain outside of the circle. I did a very light background using C0. 

 Now for the challenge part.... THE DOTS! I used Copic E43 to make very teensy little dots in the center of the background. 

 The Doves.... You can see the markers in the pic above. I forgot the beak and the feet and later went back with a W7 to color them.

 Here are the Copic Markers I used to finish coloring the image.

I added a little swirl from a die cut to embellish. The sentiment and bit of holly are both in the Dove and Holly stamp set. 

Here's the up close picture. Layers are popped up with foam tape for dimension.  I added some shine to the berries using a Viva Clear Pen - the difference between this and Glossy Accents is that the Viva holds dimension- drying in a more pearl like shape rather than flat. Finished card is 5" Square and opens at the bottom, tent style. 

12 comments:

  1. Holy Doves Batman! That is one GOR-GEOUS! card Jenny! I love your step by step on how you built your back ground and your colouring of the pair of doves is divine! Gorgeous job on this week's challenge! Everyone is going to love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Love how you did your dots around the image. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbyddragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and this stamp is still my all time favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring of the image Jenny! I love this dove image! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing coloring of these birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors of your doves and the dotted background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring of the image is amazing and your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I also appreciate how you sit the Copic caps alongside your work; I can tell you are very neat! I want to work like you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What an elegant card, Jenny! I love the layout, and your coloring is stunning! I love the deep coloring in the holly branch with the pale, neutral colors of the doves, and those dots are fantastic! I would never be able to keep them all so tiny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny this is such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenny this is such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete